Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Iconic images of WW2

Article about: The look on the Frenchmans face, the poor bugger just looks so distraught, it really must have been a terrible feeling for these people to go through. A bloke of that age was probably a sold

Default Re: Iconic images of WW2

The look on the Frenchmans face, the poor bugger just looks so distraught, it really must have been a terrible feeling for these people to go through. A bloke of that age was probably a soldier in the first war.

Sappers on Sword Beach and battle of Britain
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maureen Dunlop of the Air Transport Auxiliary made the most glamourous contribution to the cover of Picture Post .
    Also the series of photos and film of Paulus marking a watershead in the Wehrmachts military fortunes .

A plucky English Rose !

?

Found an interesting picture of Hermann Göring and his pet lion cub, I didn't know he had until yesterday.

?

Hermann Goering loved animals.

2249.jpg

Cheers, Pat

My uncle saw both flags go up on Iwo Jima from Red Beach 2. He was a Navy Coxswain for an LCVP. NH

?

There is a couple of photos i "like" much more than others. But to pick only a couple is very difficult.
    Instead for looking at the socalled "famous" photos, there are some i notice more than others, and this is such photos.

The volunteers in wehrmacht. The soldiers we do not learn about. The soldiers that are not popular to teach the children in schools for same strange reason- they are all forgotten, and if we didnt had photographical evidence of their existence- No one would belive the Germans would use them in their army.

And there was thousands and thousands of them, from HiWi to Soldiers.

Free-lance Hungarian photographer Robert Capa's famous D Day images taken during the 2nd wave Omaha Beach with E company 116 regiment 1st division the Big Red one,originally 106 pictures were taken when a mistake in the processing lab in London destroyed all but a handful of images survived and so were published in Life Magazine and became his greatest work.............Jake.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    My uncle saw both flags go up on Iwo Jima from Red Beach 2. He was a Navy Coxswain for an LCVP. NH
    I knew a guy who was a landing craft pilot at Iwo.
    Same guy?
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast