Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ideas for a collection centerpiece

Article about: If i was you i would use these money and take a good look in Amazon. If you start reading different collectors books, you will notice some parts of the history is more interesting than the r

?

Default Re: Ideas for a collection centerpiece

If i was you i would use these money and take a good look in Amazon. If you start reading different collectors books, you will notice some parts of the history is more interesting than the rest.

When this happen you know you have found what to collect.
    (Yes i know it is boring to waste your money at books, but in the end you will be happy)

My 2 pesos

What about something with provenance that you can research? Not only will you have the item itself, but also a proven story behind it!

For example, a nice serial numbered Soviet WW2 medal or Red Star.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    If i was you i would use these money and take a good look in Amazon. If you start reading different collectors books, you will notice some parts of the history is more interesting than the rest.

When this happen you know you have found what to collect.
    (Yes i know it is boring to waste your money at books, but in the end you will be happy)

My 2 pesos
    I wouldn't call it a waste but if you buy the right books they will be a very wise investment.

I would sit on your money and not rush into spending it just because you have it. If that's what you've put aside as a collecting 'budget' think hard and buy something you would like. You might fancy a helmet one day, a decent kriegsabzeichen the next, a photo album another day. If you spend it all on a helmet immediately you might find something else you like the next day and wish you still had the money.
    After a while you'll get to know the items you keep coming back to and make a decision from there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2