Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you could go back to summer 1945...

Article about: I'd head straight down the steps into the fuhrerbunker and take the pistol that ended hitlers life 20 years too late. That's, of course, after the bastard had used it!

?

Default Re: If you could go back to summer 1945...

The tank that my late grandfather was the commander of.
    A Churchill of 4th (Armoured) Btn Grenadier Guards, 6th Guards Tank Brigade, named "Peterborough II", (I never did find out what happened to the original "Peterborough" or what type of tank she was before he died some years ago)

She would make a great gate guardian outside my house!!

Failing that, I would settle for a complete 303 Vickers MG and an early Bren complete with the SF/AA role tripod etc.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

1. Get a U.S. Army duffle bag. Those things are pretty big.

2. Find an MP44 and put it in the bag.

3. Find a good selection of SS, FJ, U.S., and camo helmets. Wrap each helmet in a German uniform item such as a tunic. Put those in the bag.

4. Fill the gaps and spaces with lightweight items such as soldbuecher and helmet covers.

5. Buy a trunk.

6. Fill the trunk with even more helmets and uniforms.

7. Bury that trunk in an obscure location, where nobody would ever go metal detecting. Remember said location.

8. Take my duffle bag with me into the future.

9. Go back and dig up the trunk with all of the (hopefully) well-preserved goodies inside.

I have put too much thought into this...

?

ID go to the eagles nest and(before looted) and get personal items, then mosey over to goerings pool, swim to the bottom and get the dagger he threw in. Then go to wewelsburg castle and grab everything I can fit in a a large troop transport truck! Then I'd poke around the basement at the reichs chanclery and grab hitlers uniforms and gold guns.
    Dean.

V2 rocket will be great display outside the house

A mint KonigsTiger from just before the battle at Kursk... along with a full load of KwK43s and an MG42

Quote by hassiman View Post
    A mint KonigsTiger from just before the battle at Kursk... along with a full load of KwK43s and an MG42
    I think you'd have a very hard time finding a Koenigstiger in July of 1943!

Although there would be many things I would pick up (I would be a veritable John Hines!) I would settle for something like an FG42 or possibly an MP44 with Krummlauf attached..... or anything I thought was unusual at the time I guess.

As a side note I often find it fascinating how such items held little to no value at the end of the War. I remember going into a museum where they had an SS Dagger on display, I think it even had the chain on. Anyway, the story was that a British soldier had traded a can of army coffee for it with an SS man just after the War ended. Just goes to show the state of Germant at the time.

Cheers.

Bunch of greedy blighters ..... the OP said only "one relic" per person .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

a real dd fj helmet. and dd m35 ss helmet.

I would find a B52, fly that to Berlin, the following items would be loaded;

SS, SA, etc Daggers.

Uniforms of all kind

Hitlers personal items

All German weaponry (one of each kind)

I would fly the B52 over the time machine, and 'bomb it' with said goods into the time machine, I would then land and throw myself into the machine and land in my bedroom where the other half of the machine is located with all my goodies.

So in saying this friends, next year lets set a date and build us a time machine

Caleb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast