Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you could go back to summer 1945...

Article about: I'd head straight down the steps into the fuhrerbunker and take the pistol that ended hitlers life 20 years too late. That's, of course, after the bastard had used it!

Default Re: If you could go back to summer 1945...

Im with Mo on this. My "one item" would be a duffle bag filled with whatever I could fit. We also have the luxury of knowing what all these items are worth now and how scarce some of them are. But if I had to pick one item, it would be a complete black pre-war SS uniform with parade black DD helmet, the best of both worlds. They just look bad ass. Close runner up would be a Knights Cross with oak leaves, swords and diamonds with the award document (bonus would be the recipients complete uniform).

Ask me again tomorrow, it will probably change.

Quote by Steve Newman View Post
    piles of discarded helmets
    There is no doubt that I would be rummaging through those...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

for me 2 things,save the Prinz Eugen and a uboat.they would look great moored at chatham now.

I am reading a book at the momment about the delivery of Mons...you wouldn't believe what there was to be found.
    I'll share it with you guy's when finished!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I was rethinking this again and as has been stated values of today were not known then, but i know I would have collected souvenirs heavily (as I did whilst working in Bosnia 1993-95 and glad I did!!) so maybe just going for one evocative item that would be completely provenanced from an epic battle, like a red beret from Arnhem, or an FJ helmet from Crete, a Army Group Courland piece, or of course we come back to a unique TR item from Berlin... Havent really added much have I after thinking I was reaching a conclusion

Keep em coming interesting reading

Steve

I think it would have to be an fw190 for me!!

CBH
    ?

I'd take a nice camo Schwimmwagen with back seat full of SS camo and a nice complete Britishes Freikorps uniform , maybe a couple of guns in the trailer .

ian
    ?

interesting subject
    i think a visit to the steyer-daimler-puch factory in austria, to loot as maney k98 and mp40 as i could load into a lorry

or mabe a visit to the mauser factory to get as many lugers as i could

A simple map (if obtainable) or word of mouth which gives the location of Wewelsberg SS Deaths Head Ring burial site.
    Not to much.
    All the best
    Dave

If I could go back I would talk to my Great Grandpa that I never got to meet and thank him, and take his B-24 or B-17. Or Talk to my Great uncle when He was my age on Iwo Jima and take the landing craft he landed on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast