Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

if you like short story's...

Article about: sorry it is in French! About a guillotine coming up for sale....; Qui veut s'offrir une guillotine ?* - Europe1.fr - Insolite

Default if you like short story's...

sorry it is in French! About a guillotine coming up for sale....;
    Qui veut s'offrir une guillotine ? - Europe1.fr - Insolite
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

That seems to be a "cut price" for a genuine one of these. Then again, there has been a "sharp drop" in the market value over the last couple of years....

I know, i'll get me coat.....Won't be needing the hat by the look of it.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Way to much for this object. A friend of mine whom bought a complete torture museum about two years ago had one in the collection, also 18th century and in unrestaurated condition that he asked me to sell for him. It was one of only two known mobile guillotines known to exsist today in France. It was used in the French prisons in the years after the French revolution.
    I soon found out the guillotine had never been aloud to have been sold in the first place, as it did in the 60's. The other one is still in France, the example my friend had was stored in a warehouse in Belgium. I put it up for sale in France, and soon after I recieved some emails they wanted it back, as they didn't know the whereabouts of the guillotine for decades. At this point I was negotiating with two collectors, one from Spain and one from the US. The price was 25,000 euros, but like I said I was not aloud to sell the guillotine.
    A small side note; many, many of the guillotines on display in musea are replica's (like the one in The Gravesteen, Ghent). It is very rare to find an original 18th century guillotine. The French only had a few, and they were mobile and moved from prison to prison, town to town with them on a carrage. The example I was selling was built and used by executioner Rasseneux.

Here is one for those people who prefer not to be 'all thumbs' .......

OK, I'll get my coat & leave with Ned ........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Is that what they do in Australian boarding schools??? A little harsh, when I was at the Royal School over here in England they only made us sleep wearing boxing gloves....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    ............ A friend of mine whom bought a complete torture museum .........
    Would that friend be Dutch by coincidence? ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris