View Poll Results: Europe or Japan ??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • EUROPE

19 90.48%
  • JAPAN

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

Article about: QUOTE=AmericanKraut;668767]I would pick ETO fighting the Germans, so I could pick up some souvenirs and tour where my family is from since Im to poor for both currently. The only reason I wo

Default Re: If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

A very US orientated question and not something I have or would think about as it misses out large areas of the conflict and many of the combatants involved.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Re: If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

There were no infantrymen fighting 'in Japan.'

Loads of generic bombs and one big one was dropped.

Fighting in the Pacific was no joy ride, but then neither was the fighting anywhere else.

It was war for crying out loud..

Norway or Greece for me (as a Brit of course )

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Actually, I suppose as an American, the best place to get stationed would be with the 4th Air Force in California for the duration of the war!

?

Quote by Dominick Consolazio View Post
    I would pick Germany because the jas were know for there torture when they captured an enemy. They would put a hose in there mouth and fill them with water than jump on them causing there stomach to explode, making there internal organs come out. Also they would tie you down put a bamboo plant under you and let it grow through you. They were also known to take off your finger nails than put salt and vinegar on the tips of your fingers causing hem to rot away. If Germany captured you they would keep you prisoner or shoot you. They didn't really torture.
    You are now taking your latest POLL into a completely different area , War Crimes which has nothing to do with your original question .

Again do we need a Poll to get answers to this particular question ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

I would have been defending the USA at the nearest local bar.

South pacific for me, lots of songs, "happy talk", "some enchanted evening"....and bbq's.....

As an aside, not sure how I could sugest anywhere, after reading the Pschology of Military Incompetency, it frightens me of who is in the military, and the politics of who runs it.

No where if possible.Warfare is disgusting and totally vile in reality.
    Wars are normaly fought by two groups of very scared young men.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 09-10-2012 at 01:11 AM.

I would be fighting on German side. Probably defending the ruines of Berlin with a Panzerfaust.

?

I would have looted the nearest bank vault when all the others heroes were crawling inside the air raid shelters.
    The other iron cross candidates could just do their hero duties on whatever frontline they wish to die on. I prefer to have a functioning dick without shrapnel and a big pile of "other peoples money".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast