View Poll Results: Europe or Japan ??

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • EUROPE

19 90.48%
  • JAPAN

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

Article about: QUOTE=AmericanKraut;668767]I would pick ETO fighting the Germans, so I could pick up some souvenirs and tour where my family is from since Im to poor for both currently. The only reason I wo

?

Default Re: If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I would have looted the nearest bank vault when all the others heroes were crawling inside the air raid shelters.
    The other iron cross candidates could just do their hero duties on whatever frontline they wish to die on. I prefer to have a functioning dick without shrapnel and a big pile of "other peoples money".
    Hmmmmmm, though this thread is bordering on the silly, I sincerely hope you would defend your country, should push come to shove

Default Re: If you were fighting in ww2 where would you rather fight in the scorching heat of Japan or the frigid winters of Europe ?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I would have looted the nearest bank vault when all the others heroes were crawling inside the air raid shelters.
    The other iron cross candidates could just do their hero duties on whatever frontline they wish to die on. I prefer to have a functioning dick without shrapnel and a big pile of "other peoples money".
    LOL, now that you put it that way.....sure can't live without mine either.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Well I can say where I'd least want to be during WW2 and that's Yugoslavia, there was the highest death rate per capita! crazy war for them there.

Quote by Feuerbach View Post
    I would be fighting on German side. Probably defending the ruines of Berlin with a Panzerfaust.
    So you have a death wish? lol

?

A strange question asking "where do you want to go to war". War is often romanticized, but war is dirty business with not many or no rules at all. This is a fact! Only the decency and morals of the participants set the bar of cruelty and both of these can vanish fast.
    However if i have to answer "where". I would go East with my "Opa" and fight the Bolsheviks. RIP.

Regards, Lars

PICT0007.jpg

Very, very well said Mate

?

Thanks. I found this thread somehow inappropriate from the start but finally i gave in to take part

I would pick Europe, I've always wanted to visit the sites.

I would pick ETO fighting the Germans, so I could pick up some souvenirs and tour where my family is from since Im to poor for both currently. The only reason I would not want to be in Europe compared to the Pacific is the Bulge since I do not enjoy cold weather even though I live in the worst of the US's snowbelt...
    I would not worry about being captured either since I would plan on dying first or not get captured at all, at least that is what Id like to think...

I don't really want to trivialize what the greatest generation went through during World War II. I am beyond grateful for their efforts and sacrifices, and I wont say I would rather fight here or there... They really weren't given a choice. They were given a tough task, and they got things done. I will say, however, that I would love to go back in time to see what things were like in my home village of Petilia Policastro, KR, Italy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast