Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ikea cabinets

Article about: I have been looking at the display cabinets from our Swedish friends at Ikea recently and was wondering if any members on here use them? Do u recomend them Quality etc?,and if anyone has any

?

Default Re: Ikea cabinets

Thank you for posting these pics Ian,they have given me some ideas for
    my display .
    To me they look more sturdy than the all glass ones i have seen?
    I did a search on WAF and these Ikea cabinets seem very popular amongst
    collectors. Your design of cabinets seem to have more room than the all glass ones for displaying daggers medals etc.

?

No problem Luke.

My units are all based around Ikea's "Billy" system.
    The taller units have one fixed shelf at about the mid-point, the rest are adjustable for height. Also, as Im sure you're aware, you can get extra spare shelves, which is what I did.

I did look at the all glass ones originally, but decided to go for the glass fronted ones partly because I feel that they are a bit more rigid/sturdy and therefore safer, but also because of where I wanted to put the unit in my study.
    Ultimately the choice is down to you and where you are going to be siting it. If it is going in a corner, then the ones like mine are probably better suited, however, if it is going to be "free-standing" and viewable on 3 sides, then, personally, I would be tempted to go for the all glass ones.

Whatever your choice, I dont think that you will regret it.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Gents, a great product, the "DETOLF" glass door cabinet from IKEA at £39.90p ! I have been promising myself one for the past year now ! eversince my son spotted them in the local store here in Warrington, but ive allways had something else to spend my money on !....I have to exercise some self control, and go and get one, I will display some of my Pickelhaubes in it (it should take around six)....it'll save me having to polish them all the time ! heres a link....IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | DETOLF | Glass-door cabinet
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Detolf from Ikea is cheap and looks good. But the doors will let dust come inside. Use LED lights - they don't produce heat .
    Last edited by cysior; 10-09-2010 at 09:51 PM.

?

Thanks guys

I like the set up Jimpy

?

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    I like the set up Jimpy
    Thanks mate.

All being well(!), its got to come down soon because we have sold the house STC and are supposed to be moving to Andover soon having put in an offer on a house there that has been accepted. The good thing is that I have already staked my claim on one of the rooms for my study and will be able to re-do it all again!

Regards etc

Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Thanks mate.

All being well(!), its got to come down soon because we have sold the house STC and are supposed to be moving to Andover soon having put in an offer on a house there that has been accepted. The good thing is that I have already staked my claim on one of the rooms for my study and will be able to re-do it all again!

Regards etc

Ian D

Sounds good Jimpy, your have to show us a picture of your new study when its done

John

?

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    Sounds good Jimpy, your have to show us a picture of your new study when its done

John
    I will do John

Quote by oradour View Post
    Gents, a great product, the "DETOLF" glass door cabinet from IKEA at £39.90p ! I have been promising myself one for the past year now ! eversince my son spotted them in the local store here in Warrington, but ive allways had something else to spend my money on !....I have to exercise some self control, and go and get one, I will display some of my Pickelhaubes in it (it should take around six)....it'll save me having to polish them all the time ! heres a link....IKEA | Dining storage | Display cabinets | DETOLF | Glass-door cabinet
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi, i got myne at ikea in lisbon, you can really make a nice display with these.
    Here`s myne
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast