Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Illeagal to own Nazi items with a Government carreer?

Article about: Hey everyone, I have a very important question. I know that if your a civilian in the US it is completely legal to own historical WWII gear with Nazi emblems on it such as flags, daggers, in

Default Illeagal to own Nazi items with a Government carreer?

Hey everyone, I have a very important question.

I know that if your a civilian in the US it is completely legal to own historical WWII gear with Nazi emblems on it such as flags, daggers, insignia, helmets, ect.
    But what if you work for the Government or the Military? Is it possible to be instantly accused of being a KKK or "Terrorist", causing you to lose your job if you own WWII german items with swastika's on it? Will I need documentation that it is a historical item and not a Clan item?

It is very important I figure this out since I will be enlisting this summer, and I dont want to jepordize my dad's job since he works for the Government.
    Also to clarify, I am not a white supremist, I am just a historical military collector like everybody else on this forum.

Default Re: Illeagal to own Nazi items with a Government carreer?

That a good question. From what i hear from some military guys who do German reenactments, some superiors care some don't. I don't think the government has anything against TR collecting. I think it just depends on the superiors.
    Some of reenactors who do German reenacting keep it on down low.

Owning or collecting, say, a Nazi belt buckle is Not the same as being a member of the Aryan Nation or the Klan. It is perfectly legal for anyone in the U.S. to do so. No permits,documentation or anything else is needed here in the U.S. You will Always hear or get the occasional comment, as in many a person's view, such things are not "politically correct", but they are, by no means or stretch of the imagination illegal or prohibited in this country. And, in Any case, Your collecting should not and basically can not effect your father's job. Owning a Luftwaffe collar tab is hardly the equivalent of putting on a sheet and burning a cross... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Alrighty, thanks for the input!
    I just recently bought a German battle flag and my dad started freaking out, saying it could jepordize his job and my future career in the Military. And he was also saying that it doesnt help that my mom is German, so she could get deported. Im not sure if all of that is true, I honestly believe he is over reacting. I tried looking it up but I could'nt find much information on it, so I just wanted to double check on here to be safe, since im sure alot of collecters on here would know about this kind of thing.

You will probably be fine. Like i said the are military guys who do historical reenacting and dress like soldiers from the Wehrmacht.

Best not to advertise no matter what your job is.

?

I am what is referred to as a scum-bag government contractor and I work with US and allied forces. I display some of my USAAF, RAF and RAAF stuff in my office and they make great conversation pieces, but I keep my Luftwaffe collectibles at home.

Always better not to inadvertently offend.

As long as you don't rock up to your Dad's office annual picnic and barbeque dressed like this, I think you'll be O.K.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I have no idea what the law is in the U.S. but I am a Government employee in the U.K. and my job description definitely doesn't say I'm not allowed to collect TR memorabilia. I know of several police officers who collect and even the author Robin Lumsden was a senior police officer and made his hobby very public by the publication of his books on TR collecting and the SS.
    Some of my colleagues know about my hobby because I use the forum at work. They don't say much about it to be honest, I get more questions about my firearms licence and shooting than TR collecting.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi, I am an Australian born half-german. I served in the Royal Australian Air Force and my experience was that our Defence Force and yours recognised , respected , qualities and capabilities of the German Services 1914-1945, often citing their service as examples. Having in your possesion German Militaria is normally regarded as respecting that service and historical relevance.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast