MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

im baffled

Article about: hello gents, as you know im new here, so im a little embarresed,when i click on this forum there is a box of new posts to the right, but im very puzzled by why every thing is in german, i mu

?

Default im baffled

hello gents, as you know im new here, so im a little embarresed,when i click on this forum there is a box of new posts to the right, but im very puzzled by why every thing is in german, i must say that if it was in english it would certainly be easier for my 68 yr old brain to understand what im clicking on. hope ive not offended , most respectfully,george w

?

Default Re: im baffled

hi is evrything else in english? if the posts are german is becasue we are meant to say the proper german names of medals,badges ect.

Hello George! Welcome! Unfortunately,what you mentioned is abit of a problem,as,if you'll bear with us and look abit further,you'll notice that the site is frequented by members from all of the world as well as just we English speakers. About the only equitable solution for all is to simply list the name of the badge,insignia,etc. by it's original issued name-not only just German,but Polish,etc as well. Not perfect,but it's about the best we can do! It's really a great site and well worth the bother of hunting and searching for recognizable key terms and names and learning to avoid the pitfalls of the fakes and forgeries out there and saving a boatload of money while doing so! Just stick with it and in no time,you'll be navigating it like a pro and picking up some absolutely priceless info from experts all over the world and seeing things you'll never find in books or even on the net! Good luck! William

?

i never thought of it that way ,appreciate both the replies,and william ,i will have more patience in my search,thanks again gents. george w