Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Im new

Article about: Hello all. I live in the US (Virginia) and have a huge interest in collecting WWII items. Sadly, I'm only 15 so it's hard for me to buy such items. I'm really interested in German daggers. M

Default Im new

Hello all. I live in the US (Virginia) and have a huge interest in collecting WWII items.

Sadly, I'm only 15 so it's hard for me to buy such items. I'm really interested in German daggers.

My collection is pretty small as of right now. I have:

-My great uncles unit citation pin (he was aboard the USS Fansaw Bay in the US Navy). Also several letters he wrote home.

-Two original newspapers, one dated June 6th 1944 with a giant headline reading "INVASION STARTS" and another dated August 14th 1945 with a giant headline reading "JAPAN GIVES UP, ACCEPTS ALLIED TERMS"

Also, an original Time Life magazine dated February 26th 1945 full of intresting articles and pictures of the war.

It's not much and nothing about Germany, but its a start.

Default Re: Im new

go4broke,

Welcome to the Forum!
    No worries at all my friend of the size of your collection. In due time you'll acquire pieces that will build your collection and by no time, you'll have items you've never thought possible. The most important part of this is that your young and your carrying the torch for those who appreciate history and our hobby!

Regards,

Joel
    Last edited by buellmeister; 06-11-2008 at 11:07 AM.

Hi there and welcome to the forum to be honest this is a great age to start collecting, I wish I had started years ago!
    Ben

Greetings mate from New Zealand , welcome aboard , youll realy injoy it here , there are alot of guys with alot of knowledge and great collections. Good to see you starting so young , you will soon have a great collection in no time , you are already of to a good start , cheers Raymond

?

go4broke,

welcome to Warrelics !

Matt

Quote by go4broke View Post
    Sadly, I'm only 15 so it's hard for me to buy such items. I'm really interested in German daggers.

It's not much and nothing about Germany, but its a start.
    Welcome!

I find it quite refreshing that a fellow your age shows an interest in our hobby.

Frankly, I was beginning to worry about our youth that seems to have been drowning in the sea of gansta-rap and you-tube

In any case, I would think that all of us have begun "small". You have to start somewhere... However, if you nurture the interest into a passion, you will be amazed to find that you will have TOO MUCH stuff before you know it...

Hello all, Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I find it quite refreshing that a fellow your age shows an interest in our hobby.
    Unfortunately, im a minority when it comes to an interest in history.

Most kids at my school hate and/or find history boring
    Last edited by go4broke; 06-11-2008 at 10:05 PM.

?

we should learn from History

?

Hello from England Go4broke ...

You've started your collection in the right way, .. ask around your relatives, find out who did what and where, ...

Remember, don't be afraid to ask questions ! .. Veterans mostly are pleased to see the younger generation taking time to acknowledge their experiences ... be patient and listen ... they have been where most of us thankfully will never have to tread !

Regards

G.

?

Hi Go4broke, I was start interested in Militaria in the age I was learn to read, ( before I just look the pictures) there was about 5 years.old. My first book was a 8 volumes of "Soviet Military Encyclopaedia", but of cause just the text where some guns insignia etc. First helmet M16 German was found in the earth, being canalistion works in in place where was old soldiers barraks, they was destroyed in the war time.
    I've start to collect serious at 13 y,o when I've start to dig in an old attics. In the period of 15-16 years old, I've "clean" a dozen of theaters from the old "garbage" for a couple of bucks, there was a time of Perestroika in EX-USSR and that was a great time to start something.... Crasy time, you can buy anything in museum theaters etc, unfortunatelythe Iron border was opened in the mid of 90's.

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast