Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Imperial War Museum, some rather disturbing news.

Article about: I would like to draw to the attention of all forum members some rather worrying developments at the Imperial War Museum. The museum has made a bizarre, and, frankly, disgraceful decision to

Default Imperial War Museum, some rather disturbing news.

I would like to draw to the attention of all forum members some rather worrying developments at the Imperial War Museum.

The museum has made a bizarre, and, frankly, disgraceful decision to close its library and make all library staff redundant as one of their proposed cuts to meet a £4M deficit.

If you feel it appropriate, I would ask you to support the petition below, in the hope that this goes some way towards changing the mind of the management. They are doing their best to keep this story out of the news at the moment (IWM staff have been threatened with instant dismissal if they talk to the press), although the information has already reached The Bookseller website yesterday afternoon. This has serious implications for anyone wishing to conduct any research into military history! Please go online and sign.

Thanks,
    Steve.

I've modified my post... the link doesn't work. type the following into your search engine....

The Bookseller, imperial war museum library facing closure. you should be able to pick up the article and click on the link.

Bad link Steve!...

I've just checked it out Gunny. I've typed it in correct - and it works on my email page. But it won't on here!

I've just tried typing it in and it wont open, I'd love to sign this!

?

Hoepfully this should work: https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-geor...-and-education

It is a tragic and shameful that an important national institution cannot maintain an essential resource for scholarship. I have used the reading room myself in the past and have even donated a rare WW1 memoir to its collection.

Philip

Try the following in your search engine... The Bookseller, imperial war museum library facing closure. Click on the link in the article.

I tried visiting the homepage but couldn't find the petition!..

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Try the following in your search engine... The Bookseller, imperial war museum library facing closure. Click on the link in the article.
    Found it and signed!....

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    Hoepfully this should work: https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-geor...-and-education

It is a tragic and shameful that an important national institution cannot maintain an essential resource for scholarship. I have used the reading room myself in the past and have even donated a rare WW1 memoir to its collection.

Philip
    Well done that man - it works!

I have signed it.
    Just do a google search "imw library petition" Bob's your uncle.
    Jonathan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast