Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Imperial War Museum, some rather disturbing news.

Article about: I would like to draw to the attention of all forum members some rather worrying developments at the Imperial War Museum. The museum has made a bizarre, and, frankly, disgraceful decision to

Signed! 100 years since the start of the first world war and they want to close this and sack the staff, I wonder what insensitive bastard decided that this was good timing?

I signed it but don't like the way they ask for money to promote it, does everyone have to hold their hands out all the time these days, yet again today I will crawl back into my grumpy hole!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    I signed it but don't like the way they ask for money to promote it, does everyone have to hold their hands out all the time these days, yet again today I will crawl back into my grumpy hole!
    Realistic mate not grumpy!....

?

I have signed the petition.

I was puzzled by the request for money to promote the petition. However, I emailed the link and details to many others who may be interested which will hopefully help. I'm sure that there are many on this Forum with address books full of potential supporters.

Philip

I've signed and requested they cut management bonuses instead.

And yet they seemed to be quite happy to spend millions on the refurbishment which has made the museum a lot worse then how it used to be.

Agreed, I was there in August and to be frank, was quite disappointed in how it looks compared to years ago.

The IWM North has the minimalist look... I despair at the way museums are going these days. The Cheshire regiment museum in Chester is actually better than IWM north - even though its a lot smaller!

I never liked IWM North due to that minimalist look and relying on TV screens to tell the stories etc and had hoped it was more like IWM Lambeth but now it seems Lambeth has gone more like IWM North.

Fingers crossed that they never tamper with Duxford in the same way.

?

Rose Coombs used to run the library I talked to her briefly once telling how much I enjoyed her book B.E.F. a friend I was with pointed her out at the museum.
    Its disgusting I hope they can work something out I've never been to the other IWM area museums, I'd close those and keep everything in one place.
    Its a long time ago I think I had to fill out a request or something to get in the research part?
    The problem for me is the former nuthouse building is too small I'd like to see it on one large estate outside in the countryside north of the City so everyone can get to it easy.

Eric

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast