Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

this is inführiating

Article about: Watertown Daily Times | Nazi merchandise causes no Führer at gun shows We should all drop him a line and let him know that there IS a devoted group of collectors, not nazi-sympathizers, that

I think Jerry Moore is a d*ckhead!....

Greetings all,

If you click on Jerry Moore’s name you are taken to another page full of his political agenda related pieces of "journalism." He has his opinions and his right to espouse them however skewed they may be. He’s tarring gun owners/sellers at gunshows by co-mingling Neo-Nazi related innuendo. He also goes after Christians and showcases his support of Gay-Marriage too. He’s frankly doing Herr Dr. Goebbels proud in terms of convoluting his selected topics and it’s obvious he has a left leaning agenda.

That all said, the best articulation I have ever come across in terms of “why” collect TR’s items are it is proof of victory. By possessing the “other guy’s stuff” you are showing how one side triumphed over the other. Granted, there are the fringe collecting elements out there who do espouse Neo-Nazi ideologies and it is all too simple for anyone pushing an agenda to latch onto them to tar the rest. That’s what Jerry Moore has done in the OP’s linked article. Those with a like-minded view will find confirmation of their assumptions in the article, whilst the rest of us will simply seethe at another twit who doesn’t grasp militaria collecting. I suppose coin collectors are all money-grubbing wackos or stamp collectors are just folks who wish to see postal rates rise. Jerry Moore has his agenda and we have our own. I pity him, because he dreams of a special magical place that will never exist. Other than enemies, I wonder if he collects anything else?

Regards,

Lance

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Greetings all,

If you click on Jerry Moore’s name you are taken to another page full of his political agenda related pieces of "journalism." He has his opinions and his right to espouse them however skewed they may be. He’s tarring gun owners/sellers at gunshows by co-mingling Neo-Nazi related innuendo. He also goes after Christians and showcases his support of Gay-Marriage too. He’s frankly doing Herr Dr. Goebbels proud in terms of convoluting his selected topics and it’s obvious he has a left leaning agenda.

That all said, the best articulation I have ever come across in terms of “why” collect TR’s items are it is proof of victory. By possessing the “other guy’s stuff” you are showing how one side triumphed over the other. Granted, there are the fringe collecting elements out there who do espouse Neo-Nazi ideologies and it is all too simple for anyone pushing an agenda to latch onto them to tar the rest. That’s what Jerry Moore has done in the OP’s linked article. Those with a like-minded view will find confirmation of their assumptions in the article, whilst the rest of us will simply seethe at another twit who doesn’t grasp militaria collecting. I suppose coin collectors are all money-grubbing wackos or stamp collectors are just folks who wish to see postal rates rise. Jerry Moore has his agenda and we have our own. I pity him, because he dreams of a special magical place that will never exist. Other than enemies, I wonder if he collects anything else?

Regards,

Lance
    I don't think Goebbels would be in the pro-gay marriage faction.

So the question is truly: why are third reich militaria available at gun shows?

I can think of a few answers.

The first is that often people who are drawn to guns have served in the military and are often therefore interested in military things. What military action was more epic than ww2? Another forum member has mentioned that we have these things because the nazi's were defeated, which is also true. Couldn't it also be that many baby boomers who attend gun shows had parents who fought the nazis? It wasn't even just their parents that fought, but their entire families were sacrificing for the war effort. Of course they would have an interest in remembering and maybe even owning symbols of the defeat of the villains of their childhood.

Finally, where else would a market exist that these things could be sold at? You won't sell many at your everyday porcelain tchochke antique store. Guns are part of our history, and I think that writers like Moore would like us to forget that too.

Quote by StefanM View Post
    I have a premonition this reactionary thread is more likely to infuriate gun-toting TR collectors rather than engender any discussion....my two cents worth.
    Indeed, already starting to get political and therefore time to close it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2