Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

“Insignificant” items in your collection you could never part with?

Article about: First badge I ever got. Brough home by a Polish Vet who was my mate's Dad. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: “Insignificant” items in your collection you could never part with?

Here is one insignificant item from my collection that I would like to share. It is a simple bread knife, brought to Canada when she traveled by ship to get here. It comes from the tank factory that she worked in during the war.
    Ralph.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.JPG (106.7 KB, 30 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (111.1 KB, 23 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (101.6 KB, 40 views)
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

hey guys,

this is my first cigarette box handcrafted by german pow ..i got it from my dad ,when i was 16..
    the place is closed to warshaw/poland .

@ rbmini s knife (4 everybody ,who wants to know) : the stamp is from RAD the letters means Modell Der Arbeit &Schönheit Der Arbeit ( model&beauty of work) .

greets timo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by powtrenchart View Post
    hey guys,

@ rbmini s knife (4 everybody ,who wants to know) : the stamp is from RAD the letters means Modell Der Arbeit &Schönheit Der Arbeit ( model&beauty of work) .

greets timo
    Thank you Timo, I for got to add that.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

[QUOTE=: the stamp is from RAD the letters means Modell Der Arbeit &Schönheit Der Arbeit ( model&beauty of work) .[/QUOTE]

Actually the marking is for the Deutsche Arbeitsfront' (DAF)
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Actually the marking is for the Deutsche Arbeitsfront' (DAF)
    Tom
    Yes, you are correct Tom.

?

I could never part with 2 small German coins my father brought back from ww2... He served in France, Belgium and Germany.
    On a side note ... he was wounded 3 different times... the third time was near wars end... all his Souvenir's were robbed from him during surgery..... he still managed to bring home 2 lugers and some other items... the coins were among them.

The most prized piece, in both my sons and my opinion, which we will never part with, is this old pieced together shaving kit that was my grandfathers during his time in the Burma Prison Camps. He was in the Royal Dutch Army (KNIL) at the time the Japanese occupation if Indonesia and you all know the rest of that story. His name and prisoner number is etched in the back of the case.

ShavKit03.jpg

ShavKit02.jpg

Russ & Son

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3