Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

the iron riddle

Article about: hello everyone i have fuond on todays flohmarkt a two iron crosses and one assignment.the better conditioned example is marked 13 a second one is unmarked.the truoble is about this that the

Default the iron riddle

hello everyone

i have fuond on todays flohmarkt a two iron crosses and one assignment.the better conditioned example is marked 13 a second one is unmarked.the truoble is about this that the seller(he is a really old man)was not able to told me wich one of this iron crosses is with assignment and wich is not.(the ribbon is propably from the marked example.)my question is about to help with find out to wich one of the crosses is the assignment if this is real at all.maybe by the details and dating?the assigmnent is form 42 year.i have also another question with help to identificate the maker of a unmarked example i hope this is reachable.
    best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unless the person who received them remembers, there is no way to determine which one came with the document.
    Same with the ribbon bar.
    The 13 marked EK was made by Gustav Brehmer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice find.
    That 13 cross is a real beauty.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Signed by Generalleutnant Siegfried Henrici, Commander of the 16th Infanterie Division (Mot)...
    Knight's Cross Recipient - October 1941, Oakleaves-Recipient - Dec.1943, Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - August 1943...
    Captured by Red Army on 9 May 1945, -10 years as a POW, released in October 1955...Passed away in Sept.1964 in Bad Nauheim, Germany...A respected and highly regarded Commander of Fighting Men....
    cheers, Glenn

thank You all for the answers.so i will be waiting maybe one day this good old man will remember this.
    i'm pleased with opinions i like too the marked one and thanks to Glenn for interesting info.
    is it real to recognize the maker of the second ''round 3'' example?
    best regards

Here is a thread showing "Round 3" EKs, you may be able to find one the same.
    Round 3s
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank You

sorry theese are my first steps in EK adventure.is the second one the slanted 1813 from Your link?or am i wrong?

i have some news,the seller contacted with his source of the crosses and assignment came with the round 3 example.
    the riddle solved thank You
    best regards
    Attached Images Attached Images