Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

items you own that aren't something most people collect?

Article about: I have accidentally collected a couple of British issue survival kits / rations. The ration tin has some delicious high calorie bricks in it, as well as some very basic survival aids. SANY24

Default Re: items you own that aren't something most people collect?

I have accidentally collected a couple of British issue survival kits / rations. The ration tin has some delicious high calorie bricks in it, as well as some very basic survival aids.

SANY2479.jpgSANY2480.jpgSANY2493.jpg

I have a decent interest in both silver rings and in trench art- neither of which many people will not touch due to the ease and proliferation of faking.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I don't know if he still has them but I got my brother who collects U.S. a load of WW2 issue GI underwear for Christmas a few years back.

I must admit it was purely for the delight of knowing I gave my brother second hand pants for Christmas.

He is a member here so maybe he can show them if he sees the thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

CBH
    ?

I find the thing is today , everything WWII is collectable . And things that were plentiful are drying up , spike bayonets sold for tent pegs for example . There not making anymore and the amount of collectors keeps growing . If it has a waffen proof mark or broad arrow on it someone will buy it , no matter what it is !

Training and field manuals
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tools... War Dept/Broad Arrow marked and dated tools. I'm sure plenty of people do collect them but you don't see them shown very often on the forums or the likes.
    I don't collect them as such though, I just seem to 'acquire' them! My dad was a mechanic who ran his own garage for many years (ex REME, ex Recovery, ex Plant Fitter, HGV mechanic etc before finally starting off on his own) and obviously needed/used a lot of tools and back in the early days when he was first building up his tool kits a lot of the tools came from the MoD auctions that were held locally (back when such things occurred, I've an old catalogue for one somewhere...all sorts of stuff for sale!!), over the years these were used just as part of his tool kit, nobody even thought of them as collectable. About 17 or so years ago he had a stroke and could no longer work so we closed up the garage and got shot of a lot of stuff and tools that were never gonna be used and some went into his shed and I kept some and in the process of doing this I noticed quite a few were ex military so I just put them to one side and kept them in an old ammo box which I've still got and the old man will find the odd one every now and again and he'll give it to me when I visit, I also pick the odd one up here and there and so it's sort of a collection, but an accidental one!

Anything that may be named by the owner. I always like to trace where an item came from.

Obsolete military cartridges, I have an example of every cartridge for every US rifle issued that used a metallic case, from the civil war to ww 2. I wish there were more foreign military cartridges around, but I think most of those got shot up over the years. I used to collect Swiss militaria, but I ran out of room for my Brit kit, so I had to pare things down a bit.

Quote by jerry b View Post
    omg that is awesome

I also collect ross rifle bayonets so far i only have 2 of the converted ones and i'm allways on the look out for more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast