Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Iwo Jima flag raisers misidentified?

Article about: Well this may well cause a big mess, but I thought it was an interesting read none the less. I also tend to agree, that the researchers may be correct after looking through this article. So

Default Iwo Jima flag raisers misidentified?

Well this may well cause a big mess, but I thought it was an interesting read none the less. I also tend to agree, that the researchers may be correct after looking through this article. So what do you guys think of the evidence, and of bringing it out. Should we let it lie? Or properly identify the men from a photo so famous as the Iwo Jima flag raising?

Iwo Jima: New mystery arises from iconic image - Omaha.com - Omaha World-Herald

I wish I had that kind of time on my hands. History will not be changed it is what it is. Happy belated BIRTHDAY to the USMC. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

A very interesting link!.....

?

As an aside, a few years back I was offered an autographed photo of the raising from the bond tour by the son of one of the three who participated, he contacted me directly. I had just watched Clint Eastwood's "Flags of Our Fathers" and declined, it was just really sad knowing the facts as opposed to fiction and how badly it went for the participants and how resentful they were of the experience.
    Regards,
    John