Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Joplin Tornado thanks to all - Eric.

Article about: Welcome back, Eric! It's such a tragic event that you, your family, and neighbors endured. I'm just happy that you and your folks survived. I wish your parents much luck with their rebuildin

Default Joplin Tornado thanks to all - Eric.

Thanks to all that offered help. It's a bad deal - my folks lost everything. The house was completely flattened and my mom was trapped under rubble when I got there but all is well as the hospitals don't take walking wounded but they are safe. Thanks for all the prayers and best wishes. Good to have internet again my friends!!!! will post more later.

Eric

Default Re: Joplin Tornado thanks to all - Eric.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the parents house. They say 'It's ok, no one
    was hurt/killed', or 'It's only property', but there are lifetimes of memories
    and treasures that are lost in these disasters................

Good to hear they, and yourself, made it through.
    Regards,

Steve.

Welcome back, Eric. I'm sorry to hear about your parents' loss. How did your home hold up?

Yes was good to have my folks live through it - all my childhood things are gone. We had a safe with the guns that are ok but had to find a few others scattered out under walls such as my Brit 303, a 357 pistol, a SKS 1867 double barrel shotgun and a ww2 american lid that had the left side fixed bale ripped off some how I feel lucky to have what I got. most of what they have is gone.

Eric

I see you are back on line ,I will get you the info when the wife get back from KC.

Chris

I'm only 10 minutes away and no problems at my house. Just got back Saturday from our disaster training and the next day I was involved - not to help but a victim.
    Ya never know.

The parent thing is a blessing. Enjoy them.

Take some time and get that brain unscrambles.

Later, R
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Hi Eric, good to have you back! I am really pleased that your parents are safe.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Mate I really feel for you, my mates parents lost their home in the fires own hear last year, he, like Eric is a close mate....and even though I'm here in Australia my thoughts are with you and your family..........

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I'm only 10 minutes away and no problems at my house. Just got back Saturday from our disaster training and the next day I was involved - not to help but a victim.
    Ya never know.
    Reminds me of something we were taught in the German Red Cross back in the early nineties:

"Nobody can know whether he will be among the lost, among those who can be rescued or among the helpers in a disaster." ["Niemand kann wissen, ob er in der Katastrophe zu den Verlorenen, zu den Rettbaren oder den Helfern gehören wird."] A lot of truth to that.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your and your family's material losses, but glad to hear you are unharmed. Welcome back!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast