MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Just leaving work when I saw these.....

Article about: Hey all Just left work on friday and was rushing home to watch the match. Wish I bloody hadn't ! Anyway, as I left the place I was working at in Stoke, across the road I spot these two littl

Default Just leaving work when I saw these.....

Hey all

Just left work on friday and was rushing home to watch the match. Wish I bloody hadn't !

Anyway, as I left the place I was working at in Stoke, across the road I spot these two little fellers.

I bet Ade knows who owns the vehicle !

Strange what you find when you're not looking

Quality of the pics isn't great as I only had my phone with me. Still, ten years ago you'd have just had a description and maybe, if you were lucky, a blurry scanned in photo off a 35mm print

Steve T
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Just leaving work when I saw these.....

Hello-what's the Blunty doing there?

I know !

I don't think I've ever seen a Strikemaster before, in the flesh so to speak, and yet there is one jammed onto the top of someones garage !

Steve T

?

We have one flying out of North Weald at weekends, it passes over my house regulary, along with an assortment of other ww2 aircraft, the Battle of Britain flight especially.

yes the guy is in the mvt ,(chris bond) and on hmvf forum .........Dodge command car in pic

Hi Steve, I do indeed know Chris "Commander" Bond

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Steve,

The aircraft is Hunting Jet Provost T3A XM425/88. It was delivered to the School of Technical Training(SoTT) Halton in March 1960 and finally Struck Off Charge(SOC) in the mid 80's. It's been on the roof of the garage in Longton since at least 1990.

Cheers, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Just thought id mention , The BBMF Lancaster flew over today directly over my place at a real low level, 400ft at least, i suppose because of the flight paths of civvie jets going into Stanstead, but what a sight, it was slightly banking and i got a full clear view of the whole length of the aircraft, and what a lovely sound, 4 Rolls Royce Merlin engines all in tune , it gives me goosebumps every time.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Just thought id mention , The BBMF Lancaster flew over today directly over my place at a real low level, 400ft at least, i suppose because of the flight paths of civvie jets going into Stanstead, but what a sight, it was slightly banking and i got a full clear view of the whole length of the aircraft, and what a lovely sound, 4 Rolls Royce Merlin engines all in tune , it gives me goosebumps every time.
    same here mate goose bumps too , (was on the beach at st annes lancs once when it took off at blackpool , was so low could almost touch it )

I used to see that Lancaster fairly regular when it was based at Waddington back in the early 70's. I was in the army at the time, and we used to joke that it was the RAF's latest weapon. The Lancaster which used to be at Blackpool (Just Jane) was at that time on display at Scampton along with some Tallboy? bombs. I used to get a good look at it when I was on duty-driver and went down from Kirton-in-Lindsey to pick up the latest messages on Russian Trawler movements. That was in the days when the traffic had to stop when the Vulcans were coming in to land or take off.