Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just lost a good friend

Article about: Hi Kris My deepest sympathys as Dogs are Unique in their own way. A great friend for sure. The have a keen sense of their surroundings and happenings that have not taken place. Your dog knew

?

Default Re: Just lost a good friend

sorry too hear of you loss Kris . Mark

A very difficult thread to read.

I am truly sorry to hear of this, Kris.

A dog is truly a member of the family in a way I don't think those who are so unlucky as to not have had one at their side can understand.

?

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, i still miss my dog. And he died for over ten years ago, I have not got myself a new dog after he died.

i never had a dog until the one i got 2 1/2 years ago whose photo is my avatar. i was totally unprepared. i hadn't the slightest clue how deeply they come into your heart. i now think the only thing worse than losing one of these friends is to never have had one.

i am sorry for your loss.

Im sorry to hear of your loss, dogs truly are a mans best friend, and losing that friend is like losing a part of yourself. Stay strong and keep his memory close to your heart.

?

Very sad to hear, my thoughts are with you.

CBH
    ?

Very sorry to hear of your loss Kris . It is a hard thing to get over , I had to put my dog Shaw down earlier this year , he was around 14 and very sick at the end . The only thing to do is get another dog , I have a new dog now although he is not the same , he is great all the same . The new dog will grow to fill the hole in your heart . And a dog is the greatest anti depressant ever . Sorry for your loss .
    Yours truly Chris

Kris,

It's hard to know what to say in these circumstances that we all know must one day come to pass. Remember the good times you had together, in that there is some sense of the moments of true happiness and contentment you were both lucky to share, a man and his dog.

Man and Dog.

Who's this—alone with stone and sky?
    It's only my old dog and I—
    It's only him; it's only me;
    Alone with stone and grass and tree.

What share we most—we two together?
    Smells, and awareness of the weather.
    What is it makes us more than dust?
    My trust in him; in me his trust.

Here's anyhow one decent thing
    That life to man and dog can bring;
    One decent thing, remultiplied
    Till earth's last dog and man have died.

Siegfried Sassoon.

Kind Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dogs, for better or for worse, are one of the only animals of the wild that have Chosen to permanently link their lives to ours. From pups to grey muzzles, they devote their entire existence to us. They are one of the only animals on Earth that when their forever friend passes away, that they, too, will quite often will themselves to go soon after with them. Our lives and theirs are That closely aligned. If in some terrible hour it is needed, they will give their very lives for us without ever a second's hesitation. I've always had a dog in my life and I expect to always have one until the very end. Each and every one that's gone ahead and beyond are and always will be special and much beloved. Even today, to think back on them will always bring a tear to my eye. I hope that when the day does come, as it does to us all, that someday my loyal friends and I will meet again.
    As always, it is unthinkable, but go Out and find another friend who needs you. It's their devotion and friendship that will take away the pain of your loss-enough to bear, at least. There's no one that can feel bad when they have a young pup looking up at them just wanting to make friends forever. It is, yet again, just another of their endless selfless acts that they do for us. If you let them. Good luck, Kris. Start another life adventure with a new forever friend. Whyever would you not?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

So sorry to hear of your loss, Kris.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast