Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just a question

Article about: I was wondering about this earlier, Where there ever Japanese troops that were stationed in Germany, or German troops that were stationed in Japan? Imagine if a handful of Japanese soldiers

Default Just a question

I was wondering about this earlier,

Where there ever Japanese troops that were stationed in Germany, or German troops that were stationed in Japan? Imagine if a handful of Japanese soldiers took part in the defense of Germany... haha

?

Default Re: Just a question

I'm not sure if any were stationed in Japan but sailors definitely visited the country. There is a photo of the entire crew of Hilfskreuzer 'THOR' gathered together on the edge of a lake with Mount Fuji in the background. There are also wartime Japanese manufactured awards on the market too. EKs and Hilfkreuzer badges such as the one below. These badges command a premium price as they are so rare.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

4md
    ?

iv seen a photo of some japanese looking at a tiger tank in germany but dont know of any fighting there

I never knew that, Adrian. How much do you suppose that badge would go for?

Did either nation sell each other equipment such as weapons or vehicles?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The badge above was being sold a year ago for €3500. This is a tombak example. You can also find these in silver, marked 'STERLING' one of which Weitze was selling for €5500. This is the extreme top end of the price range though and they normally swap hands around the €3000 mark - collector to collector.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I know that there are period photos of japanese troops wearing M35s with a rising sun decal on the left side but ive never seen any come up for sale

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

Did either nation sell each other equipment such as weapons or vehicles?
    Hi Mo,

An interesting question with a complex answer!! Take a look at this film footage of German/Japanese cooperation, there are a couple of different delegations shown but the main one appears to be the Tripartate pact signing of the axis powers in March 1941.

WW2 German & Japanese collaboration - YouTube

As far as the sharing of materials, top secret weapons and radar take a look at this linky to the 'Yanagi' missions carried out throughout the war, it's quite long, but well worth reading in it's entirety to get the full picture.

World War II: Yanagi Missions — Japan's Underwater Convoys

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Here is a pic of I-8 arriving in Brest, France, in 1943, on a "Yanagi" mission to exchange material and personnel with Germany
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have seen a photo of Japanese troops in German unifom, standard M36 officiers tunic with a rising sun arm flag. These were staff offficers sent from Japan for training in Germany.

I will try and find the photo.

Cheers, Ade.

I don’t know why this Japanese soldier is in Wehrmacht uniform. I have heard a couple of different stories on this guy. If anyone knows the truth please share.
    118 - japanese_dday.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast