Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just wondering...

Article about: why so many members here identify as SS Totenkopf in their avatars, or SA, or German regardless of branch of service? But the SS is the most disturbing... I don't need to go into details of

Default Re: Just wondering...

I decided to have my avatar of the finest dog I ever owned. Klaus was a great companion, guardian and smart. I lost him two years ago at 12 years, three months. He will never be replaced even though I have a new German Shepherd.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Yes, my favorite dog too. Maybe one day I'll have another one...

Quote by helmetone View Post

Now go get an avatar and make it a good one
    Does this work?

PS Damnit, where did I park Kit?

Trouble is that creating a new avatar replaces the ones on our old posts as well - so the record of what we used is lost ( that may well be a good thing? ) so on an old thread where we say " this is my avatar" ....... it no longer is!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Can someone find the thread link of I think the title said..."what does your Avatar mean to you"...this may explain alot of ones personal reason. What we collect and post on an open forum anywhere also is a mirror image of our avatar..and what others may think we are. Posting swastika adorned artifacts puts us in the same arena as our avatars. A kitty cat avatar and posted armbands and daggers still makes us be called Nazis by the the uneducated and by their own ignorance close a blind eye to history.
    Ades avatar is a Russian soldier and "Some" of them during that period are no more " sweethearts" than SA SS American British Canadian etc etc...all who served in the armed forces had some bad apples. I see nothing wrong with profile photos. I would have a problem with Einsatzgruppen executuion photos
    or KL camps. Some people idolize criminals.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Can someone find the thread link of I think the title said..."what does your Avatar mean to you"...
    See here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discu...ours-182510-3/
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

My avatar is the only known photo of my great grandfather. Unfortunately, he looks a lot like Hitler.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I hate kitten avatars
    Uhh....okey....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I thought that was maybe a photoshop? He does in fact look a lot like Charlie Chaplin in "The Great Dictator" ;-) which is not a bad thing!

I just read all 11 pages of the avatar thread. Interesting story on Germans in the Ukraine after the germans rolled in for sure. Cool pic.

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Does this work?

PS Damnit, where did I park Kit?
    How about a bit of a compromise....???

VLEMNY~2.JPG

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast