Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just wondering...

Article about: why so many members here identify as SS Totenkopf in their avatars, or SA, or German regardless of branch of service? But the SS is the most disturbing... I don't need to go into details of

Default Re: Just wondering...

Ned....

Where do you come up with this stuff? Blimey, that's great!

Are those Arnold's arms by any chance?

Hahahhaaa, cool new avatar kilomikesierra!...

Kilo, your Avatar is more heinous than any SS atrocity

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Who could hate kittens??? I might have to get a kitten avatar now
    People make their avatars what they are interested in. My current one is a USMC soldier, that does not make me a Devil Dog does it? (It is in remembrance of my Great Uncle) People who collect SS or are currently interested in historic events relating to the SS might want to share whats on their mind.
    I see no problem with it its not like a SS tattoo on the back of a shaved head lol....

William which one do you think would make a better avatar?
    67573_276516739151420_1520075959_n.jpg
    522118_271632269639867_1886393240_n.jpg

Don't mind what avatar people have( although i must kilo's avatar is not my cup of thea!!) (lol!), I just wished they stick to it!!
    I hate it when they change nick names or avatars!!
    ...I think I am repeating myself...
    cheers
    |<
    ;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Personally, I like the reading kitten, but what do I know? lol The second one looks like he's saying "That black SS Officer's hat is HOW much??" Either one is, of course, preferable to a guy in a Speedo who I'm sadly going to have to add to my Ignore list so I can avoid Seeing the aforementioned Speedo(an image I can Easily do without...) every time I check the listings...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi gang,

Personally, the only avatars that I have problems with are the ones that show the einsatzgruppen or similar.
    My own avatar is of a GPMG-SF kit, partly because that is my nickname on here and partly because I had one as a personal weapon, (as a gunner and fire controller), for the better part of 4 years when I was in the British army.

As has been said earlier, the Mod's are pretty quick at picking up on stuff that could potentially cause a problem or offence, regardless of what the nationality is.

At the end of the day, we are on here because we have a mutual interest in military history, regardless of the nationality.
    We "hit" each other with photo's of our new finds/purchases, with questions about the authenticity of things that we are looking at potentially buying.

How about this one for my avatar?

The artwork was done by my youngest daughter-in-law and the design was based around my eldest son's regimental cypher, (cap-badge to non-RHA members!)

I'm sure that she would be happy to do bespoke designs, (for a sensible fee, she's an apprentice tattooist in London), if anyone wants one!

Eds tattoo.jpg

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

I changed my avatar pic from a Japanese kamikaze pilot to SS-Standartenführer Joachim peiper after watching a documentary about him, plus I think the uniform looks cool.

I hope I have not offended anyone.

No offence to you gents that like them but I hate cats with a vengeance, they are very destructive imports that were brought to our country, there were no members of the cat family in Australia before colonisation. I'm sure cats are fine where they are originally from and I would have no problem with them there but they are responsible for making extinct several hundred native species of animal here, one of the reasons why lots of Aussies hate them. Sorry boys, back to the thread, my avatar is my uncle, a WW2 Australian soldier.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast