Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Keeping safe when buying or selling...what about Escrow! ?

Article about: Hi all, I've been a member for quite a while but only recently I've noticed that we've got a GREAT "for sale" forum There's a very interesting thread going on about keeping safe wh

Default Keeping safe when buying or selling...what about Escrow! ?

Hi all,
    I've been a member for quite a while but only recently I've noticed that we've got a GREAT "for sale" forum
    There's a very interesting thread going on about keeping safe when selling and buying on line;you can never be sure,but what about this:
    https://www.escrow-europa.com/IndexIT.htm
    I think that it would be very helpful to buyers and sellers alike!I mean...I've put a pair of Slate Grey trousers for sale...they don't come cheap and only a couple of members here know me well enough to 100% trust me,even if I've got stung a couple of times on eBay when I sent the items before getting the money but that's me...a trusting fool!
    On to my point now...X is interested in my trousers (or anybody else's item) but he rightly doesn't feel like jumping in the dark by sending money to a perfect stranger (even if he uses PP,which thing should protect the buyer/seller) and on the other hand I don't feel comfortable to send a rare and pricy item without some form of "insurance" either,so there!
    Here comes Escrow!...what do you guys think about that?
    Cheers
    Horrido!

Default Re: Keeping safe when buying or selling...what about Escrow! ?

Never used it, but I have heard of it of course. I am all for anything which makes a safe easy transaction.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Be very,very careful if using this method of payment. Whilst the one Horrido gives as an example is a legit concern that is one of only a mere handful accredited by Ebay, there are between 10-25 companies opening each week offering the same services under other very similar sounding names. Needless to say, they are bogus and you never see your money again. These businesses are invariably opened using a stolen bank card, it's as easy as that.

Do a data check before dealing with any concerns such as these, anyone with a short history of mere weeks or months should be avoided, fraudsters move on fast. Also firms where the 'directors'( the unwitting owner of the stolen card) live in different countries or even states should be avoided, the crims always keep their distance from the crime in progress.

TBH, Paypal is as good as any, because you know you are protected 100%. But then again if you can't use it for whatever reasons, do a check on who you are dealing with first, both vendor and the Escrow company, as sometimes they are both one and the same.

I.E. You see a pair of very expensive slate grey slacks being offered for a ridiculously cheap price, WOW! They shall be mine! All I have to do is pay through the foolproof Escrow method reccomended by the vendor....!

And that guys is how you lose your strides...and money.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sound advice.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

You're absolutely right Ned...and hit the nail on the head big time!The only site that is safe is Escrow! (I've posted the link) while others are not so safe and more and more appear each week (if not each day) to fool the unwary!I've made a web search about that before starting this thread and Escrow! is the only one who can be 100% trusted!
    I only use PP while selling/buying on evilBay but could you please confirm the fact that they protect transactions even between third parties?
    As Ade has said...WE are all for anything that makes for a SAFE transaction!
    Thank you very much for your advise!

FairTrial
    ?

Horrido,
    You are correct to beware of bogus escrow.
    But you don't mention Transpact.com, Europe's leading escrow company.
    Not only are Transpact.com FSA authorised and regulated, but their service is recommended by the Metropolitan Police.
    They provide escrow services for Autotrader.co.uk, and many other websites, as well as protecting single transactions.

Quote by FairTrial View Post
    Horrido,
    You are correct to beware of bogus escrow.
    But you don't mention Transpact.com, Europe's leading escrow company.
    Not only are Transpact.com FSA authorised and regulated, but their service is recommended by the Metropolitan Police.
    They provide escrow services for Autotrader.co.uk, and many other websites, as well as protecting single transactions.
    Thanks for chimin' in FairTrial...I didn't know about Transpact.com...if the MetroPOlice recommend them they must be 100% safe!
    THanks a lot!
    Cheers