Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Keystone Armory

Article about: Obkrieger, you have done right thing....I applaud what you say, as I imagine do most of our members ! Prost ! Steve.

Default Keystone Armory

Hi guys,

A few months ago, a shop opened up right down the road from me called Keystone Armory. He has a few convincing fake German helmets, and a few not-so-convincing ones, as well as a lot of other scattered bits of fake, overpriced militaria. I think they have a website, but I could be wrong. I just want to warn people to be cautious when dealing with them. I told the seller that a couple of his helmets were fake and he gave his buddy a little smirk behind my back (My girlfriend caught this.) and blew off the comment. The fakes he has are the same kind that a local helmet faker named Bob Komorowski makes. Like I said, just be careful if you ever deal with these guys. His shop is a bit south of Erie, Pennsylvania, so this goes out to all my American friends and visiting Europeans.

Regards,
    Mo

carlson77
    ?

Default Re: Keystone Armory

Hi Mo and thanks for the warning.
    As one of the owners of the Keystone Armory I was surprised to have this forwarded to me by a concerned customer. As one of the family members who have put countless hours and effort starting and maintaining this business it is our goal to make all of our customers happy. Yes, we do have a small selection of helmets on our shelves. Most have been purchased over the years from veterans by us. The helmets in our store have come from our personal collection simply because we have too many. We will be the first to tell you that we are not experts on helmets, collecting military items and firearms has been a hobby in our family and we have not become "experts". The items on our shelves have been looked at by friends who consider themselves experts along with our own research and knowledge gained over the years. Could we have bought fakes over 20 years? Probably. Would we ever advertise something we know to be fake as real? Absolutely not. We will not, have not, nor will we ever place an item in our store that we know to be fake and advertise it as real. The only reproduction item that I know of that was ever in our store for sale was an SA Dagger that was labeled as a reproduction and sold as such. If you know of others please give us a call or stop in so that we can research it. To warn others about dealing with us or to broadcast the implication that we are a dishonest or deceitful business is something we take seriously. This business was started by my brothers and I so that we could work at something we honestly enjoy in the times we are not deployed with the Army, not as a conspiracy to fool hard working customers who choose to spend money in our store. As an active duty Army Officer I take it seriously when my integrity is called into question let alone that of my family. The only other people ever working in the store are my father and two other employees. The other two employees focus on firearms due to the fact they have no interest or knowledge in military items. So if there are issues with items in our store, please let us know and we will look into it. I apologize for the perception that your opinion was not taken seriously; although we cannot recall your visit. I would like to know who you talked to. I can also assure you that none of us will "smirk" at another human or each other let alone behind the back of customer inside or outside of work. Folks who know my family can attest to that. Yes we do have a website, it has not been updated for a while as we are too busy with in store customers. As for Bob Komorowski, we have never heard the name. Thank you for your visit and your concern.
    Respectfully,
    Eric Carlson
    (814)734-2750
    eric@thekeystonearmory.com
    Europens are always welcome!

Mr. Carlson,

These "experts" of yours clearly do not know what they are doing. I have tried to offer my advice time and time again and I was ignored every time. I apologize if it ruffles my feathers a bit to see such a large, new, and seemingly good quality militaria shop sell fake millitaria and things that are not labeled correctly. It wouldn't bother me if you has them mislabeled and then, upon my advice, you corrected them, but like I said, I was ignored every time I told a member of your staff that a lot of your stuff was fake and mislabeled.

Just to show the forum an example of something you sell, I have attached pictures of a so-called double-decal SS M35 with an Afrika camo paint scheme. I told two people there that it was fake but I guess I'm just a kid, who needs to listen to me, right?

The double-decal kriegsmarine helmet you have for sale? Your "expert" should have instantly noticed the bigfoot decal on it, and deemed it as being a double-decal heer M40 (which is a very rare helmet). However, the decals on it are fake. That makes is a no-decal M40 which should be sold for much, much less than $2,400.

P.S. I said that Bob K. makes these helmets exactly like the ones you have. He uses the same decals, paints, etc. I did not say that you were running a "conspiracy". I don't know where you got the helmets from, but I have a feeling that they originate in Bob K's yard under his tree.

Best regards,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ObKrieger; 01-07-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Just to add a note gents, I am buckle collector but I know the SS is bad, bad decal, bad paint
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Just to add a note gents, I am buckle collector but I know the SS is bad, bad decal, bad paint
    Exactly. Here is the link to it. Note the price and the description.

"Rare and 100% original."

Keystone Armory - WWII German Waffen SS Tan Camouflaged Afrika Korps M35 Double Decal Helmet

Hi Eric, it is always good to have dealers participate on forums and I wish you sucess in your venture.

However, that helmet is 100% bad.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I think it is great when forums like this one are used to educate collectors about phoney junk being offered to the collecting market.
    The items speak for themselves.
    I have heard the story of direct purchase from vets before. It is amazing how many vets were ripped off when picking up war trophies during WWII. The Chech, Polish and Latvian fakers were hard at work then skillfully taught by the American mafia as to how to cheat people.
    Anything for a buck nod, nod, wink, wink.
    Good post obkrieger.
    SteveR

Hi Guys, Eric has removed both helmets from sale.

Keystone Armory - Welcome

I would like to add that all dealers, at some time or other, will offer bad items for sale. However, it is how they deal with the situation as and when it arises which is the final test.

This forum is not one which approves of or encourages "dealer bashing". But when a bad item is discovered and the right thing is done, I think that should be at the very least acknowledged.

Cheers, Ade.

Ernie64
    ?

Hello All,

I am also part owner of The Keystone Armory and this post upsets me greatly. So Mo, you found two items in our inventory, an inventory that contains thousands of items, and this qualifies you to say that we have "a lot of other scattered bits of fake"? As stated, every item we have for sale was looked at by several collectors. If one person comes into the store and says that the item is a fake, and others say that it is real, we will tell buyers of the opinion of others. As Eric stated, we do not claim to be experts, and yes, people do make mistakes, but I can absolutely tell you that no employee EVER smirked behind your back. If our store if full of fake inventory then why do you visit? Also, as Eric said, we have not updated our website since we have opened. I personally am currently away from home defending your freedom to bash the reputation of others. We are all active military members who have all deployed to combat, and opened this store because it is something that we enjoy doing. OK, so maybe you found an issue with something, but do not imply to the world that we are in any way dishonest. Also, I apologize that it was not fixed for you within your time-frame. We have been a bit busy fighting wars and may not have had the time to fix something immediately within the shop. I encourage that all customers do research before buying any item. Please do not question the integrity of my family. Feel free to e-mail me with any more of your concerns.
    Very Respectfully,
    Captain Ernie Carlson
    AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter Pilot
    United States Army
    ernie.carlson@us.army.mil

Quote by Ernie64 View Post
    Hello All,

I am also part owner of The Keystone Armory and this post upsets me greatly. So Mo, you found two items in our inventory, an inventory that contains thousands of items, and this qualifies you to say that we have "a lot of other scattered bits of fake"? As stated, every item we have for sale was looked at by several collectors. If one person comes into the store and says that the item is a fake, and others say that it is real, we will tell buyers of the opinion of others. As Eric stated, we do not claim to be experts, and yes, people do make mistakes, but I can absolutely tell you that no employee EVER smirked behind your back. If our store if full of fake inventory then why do you visit? Also, as Eric said, we have not updated our website since we have opened. I personally am currently away from home defending your freedom to bash the reputation of others. We are all active military members who have all deployed to combat, and opened this store because it is something that we enjoy doing. OK, so maybe you found an issue with something, but do not imply to the world that we are in any way dishonest. Also, I apologize that it was not fixed for you within your time-frame. We have been a bit busy fighting wars and may not have had the time to fix something immediately within the shop. I encourage that all customers do research before buying any item. Please do not question the integrity of my family. Feel free to e-mail me with any more of your concerns.
    Very Respectfully,
    Captain Ernie Carlson
    AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter Pilot
    United States Army
    ernie.carlson@us.army.mil
    Do not pull that card.

The fact is, you have fake militaria for sale, I have advised your staff to correct this on many occasions, and it has never been fixed. I appreciate your service for our country, but it only takes a few seconds to change a price tag.

My "time-frame" has been several months, during which I am positive there were opportunities to correct it. The helmets I posted here were just examples of a lot of things that you are selling that are not original. As for this team of yours that authenticates your militaria, well I suggest you find a new one.

There is nothing that you can do that will stop me from warning my fellow collectors about the things you are selling. My opinion stands until all of your fake militaria has been relabeled. Send me an e-mail whenever you get around to doing that and I guarantee I will have a much better opinion of your shop.

Until then, I would say that our conversation here is done. We can go back and forth on these forums and it will get us nowhere. I have made my point and I am satisfied.

Best regards,
    Mo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast