Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Korean Soldat 1944

Article about: Gday all, Stumbled across this rather interesting image today. The caption tells the story of this Korean's war. interesting.jpg Amazing stuff. All the best Dave

Thumbs up Korean Soldat 1944

Gday all,
    Stumbled across this rather interesting image today.
    The caption tells the story of this Korean's war.

interesting.jpg

Amazing stuff.
    All the best
    Dave

Default Re: Korean Soldat 1944

Cool! I would love to hear more of this guy's story!

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Cool! I would love to hear more of this guy's story!
    Same here,It's a super interesting image and story so far.Tonights mission
    Cheers
    Dave

There is a movie out about it now called My Way it is pretty good a little bit of inaccuracy but it portrays a story that is not well known.

Thank you Ben cheers the for the link mate
    All the best
    Dave

My Way was a real good movie I thought. A lot of good war movies coming out of Korea lately. Considering all the men who didn't make it through in one army, this guy fought in three, with work camps in between...

Quote by Wolfe1165 View Post
    May Way was a real good movie I thought. A lot of good war movies coming out of Korea lately. Considering all the men who didn't make it through in one army, this guy fought in three, with work camps in between...
    It is amazing how he survived the war, I would like to find out more of the true story as well.

Your welcome Dave hope you enjoy the movie if you watch it. If you do look for the mg42 in Stalingrad, isn't it to early for them?

Will do Ben,the mg34 was still the issued belt fed mg in late 42 I believe.
    I tend to notice such thing's in movies myself.I was watching Stalingrad again the other day and noticed one of the soldats carrying a PPSh 41 with no drum mag through the rubble,next scene the drum was back on the weapon.
    Good old Hollywood.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    It is amazing how he survived the war, I would like to find out more of the true story as well.

Your welcome Dave hope you enjoy the movie if you watch it. If you do look for the mg42 in Stalingrad, isn't it to early for them?
    After I watched the movie I tried to find information on him, but all the sources I found had about this much to say about it:

"The name of the soldier in this photo is Kyoungjong Yang who was born in Shin Euijoo, Northwestern Korea on March 3, 1920. He was conscripted to the Kwantung army in 1938 and captured by the Soviets in Nomonhan and captured again by Germans in Ukraine in the summer of 1943, maybe in the battle of Kharkov, and captured finally by Americans in Utah beach, Normandy on June 6, 1944.

He was freed from a POW camp in Britain on May, 1945 and moved and settled in America in 1947. He lived near the Northwestern Univ. in Illinois until he died on April 7, 1992. He lived as an ordinary US citizen without telling his unbelievable life story even to his two sons and one daughter"

There probably is more information on him in Korean, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast