Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laatest C.G's Information

Article about: Below, C.G's latest announcement was sent to me in an email from C.G. - History Hunter. Please discuss the information only and not C.G. "Announcing the most historic exhibit to hit the

Default Latest C.G's Information

Below, C.G's latest announcement was sent to me in an email from C.G. - History Hunter. Please discuss the information only and not C.G.

"Announcing the most historic exhibit to hit the Show of Shows. Craig Gottlieb is pleased to feature the 1st LT Ben Lieber Adolf Hitler collection. Recently purchased from Steve Wolfe and Neil Hardin Military Antiques, this one-of-a-kind grouping of artifacts, taken by a Jewish Army Officer from Hitler's Munich apartment, will be on display at this year's 2014 Show of Shows in Louisville.

Included in the group is the only Fuhrer visor to survive the war in private hands, Hitler's favorite NSDAP Brownshirt custom tailored by Holters of Berlin, his Blood Order, Iron Cross, and Black Wound Badge, plus a many more amazing items. Stop by Craig's booth, located in the VIP section of the main hall (located against the back wall).

For those unable to attend the show, you can click here to download your personal copy of the provenance that accompanies the group, which surfaced in the late 1960s. Please allow time for the PDF file to load, as it is quite large.

Photos of the group will begin to appear here, after the group makes its official debut at the Show of Shows. Check back often, as every artifact in the group will be presented for the viewing pleasure of the collecting community."

hitler1a.jpggroup.jpg
    Last edited by Richard Kimmel; 02-24-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

?

The eagle in that photo looks like it came from a funeral sash.

Here's the necessary link that Richard refers to. I'm sure the visor guy's will have something to say.

Hitler's Early Political Visor
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Interesting tidbit that the woman who let Ben Lieber into the apartment was described as an English citizen living in the building?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Keep this one on track guys and discuss the items, not Gottlieb. Everything that could be said about him has been and we don't want another thread to get closed when it can be avoided.

A visor cap once purportedly worn by Hitler is a good enough discussion without any of the extras.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    Craig Gottlieb is pleased to feature ...... the only Fuhrer visor to survive the war in private hands,
    Have we not been down this road before, 100 times? Has the recent thread about the fake Mengele Passport, Gottliebs manipulation of other peoples Wiki profiles/sites for his own propaganda (and to intentionally harm others) his total lack of regard for history and facts not sunk in yet? Have we not read "The only known..." and "Craig Gottlieb" together in more than one post before over the last 14 years?

Indeed we have, but we will never learn. The name Craig Gottlieb should appear as xxxx xxxxxx whenever it is tipped in here, just like swear words that are censored.

We dont not need to talk about this person, we know all there is to know about him, what his motives and intentions are, and how he laughs in the collectors faces every time he lists the crap he does, and stuffs his pockets with the proceeds.

Just to clarify, this posting was made for information purposes only and I totaly agree with Adrian and Jo Rivett.

I like to consider myself a "visor guy". First off, it appears that the band for this cap is made of completely the wrong materials. If I recall correctly it appears in pictures that Hitlers cap was always had some sort of velvet type band, where this one almost looks like felt. The piping on the bottom of the band seems really wavy and poorly done, not something you would expect for a Hitler cap. I am sure there are other things, but this is all I see right now.

....I guess a lot hangs on the value one attributes to the authentication of the items by US historian of TR Ben Swearingen in 1960-63 and Hlinka's notarised guarantee of authenticity of January 1969. Also, having later paid a substantial sum for the collection I assume Mohawk and subsequent owners would have produced their own validation before parting with any payments?

Although nothing to do with the authenticity of the "Hitler" visor I thought this last para in a letter by US serviceman Lieber quite amusing:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

In all fairness, here is a link to History Hunter offering the ensamble for sale and showing a different photo arrangement of the items and showing better detail in the visor. Hitler's Early Political Visor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast