Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Laatest C.G's Information

Article about: Below, C.G's latest announcement was sent to me in an email from C.G. - History Hunter. Please discuss the information only and not C.G. "Announcing the most historic exhibit to hit the

Quote by Richard Kimmel View Post
    In all fairness, here is a link to History Hunter offering the ensamble for sale and showing a different photo arrangement of the items and showing better detail in the visor. Hitler's Early Political Visor
    Hi Richard
    Yes sure, and maybe some folks here who know about these tid bits will comment, the problem though is that no matter what it is that xxxx xxxxxxx sells, there is a stigma attached to it from word go. And without a doubt, any thread about him & his wares is destined for destruction, bad feelings..etc.

The sales description says: US Army veteran Philip Benjamin Lieber, in 1945. Originally sold to Mohawk Arms in the 1970s,
    But this collection was stolen from Philip Benjamin Lieber, according to this ? ► LIEBER v. MOHAWK ARMS | Leagle.com

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Hi Richard
    Yes sure, and maybe some folks here who know about these tid bits will comment, the problem though is that no matter what it is that xxxx xxxxxxx sells, there is a stigma attached to it from word go. And without a doubt, any thread about him & his wares is destined for destruction, bad feelings..etc.

The sales description says: US Army veteran Philip Benjamin Lieber, in 1945. Originally sold to Mohawk Arms in the 1970s,
    But this collection was stolen from Philip Benjamin Lieber, according to this ? ► LIEBER v. MOHAWK ARMS | Leagle.com

Hi Jo,
    If I understand this correctly then xxxxx xxxxxxxx have no legal rights to this collection, or the predecessors, even though he purchased it; as it would, and should, still be considered as stolen property. Considering that this is the true scenario, it would then it would be in the best interest the S.O.S. in not permitting this collection to even be displayed. It's a shyster situation from the word go!

Richard that was from the 1970`s so i guess it would have all been sorted out by now. The link is only a citation to that case, i dont know what the outcome was. whether the chauffeur did indeed steal the collection as it states. Must surely be the same items though that are mentioned.
    If i understand it, it says:: Summary judgment is granted to the plaintiff. So i guess he somehow got his collection back?

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Richard that was from the 1970`s so i guess it would have all been sorted out by now. The link is only a citation to that case, i dont know what the outcome was. whether the chauffeur did indeed steal the collection as it states. Must surely be the same items though that are mentioned.
    If i understand it, it says:: Summary judgment is granted to the plaintiff. So i guess he somehow got his collection back?
    I can understand a bit more now Jo, however I'm still going to give this whole shyster-type dealing, and what's most likely yet to come a ... I'm certain that most serious collectors will agree, and be embarrassed with these types of situations, tainting the collecting world; as it seems that it's always the same individuals who are allegedly involved. A sad day in black rock!

It sounds as if Lieber won his suit and received back his property and must have then sold it himself to Mohawk who was, quite understandably, wanting to Keep it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Can we please stick to discussing the items rather than repeated references to the current seller.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quite honestly, if CG is so taboo here, why promote his wares? I mean, if Charles Manson sold a line of carving knives, would people discuss the knives without mentioning Manson?

It just seems a bit of a paradox to me.

Quote by alexanderhistorical View Post
    Quite honestly, if CG is so taboo here, why promote his wares? I mean, if Charles Manson sold a line of carving knives, would people discuss the knives without mentioning Manson?

It just seems a bit of a paradox to me.
    I agree that discussion should be limited, and believe that not it's a matter of discussing an individual personally or his wares, but more so bringing a situation to light for those newer members that may not be aware of the sheltering that surrounds, what appears on the surface to be a charade in progress; putting this on display at the S.O.S. I would think that the old saying "where there's a will, there's a way" would fit - S.O.S. or bust!

?

Unfortunately a piece of headgear allegedly worn by Hitler is not worthy of discussion but the seller and the dealings of other individuals are.
    As previously mentioned, the items should be discussed as everything that can be said about the seller is here for anyone to see.

If anyone wishes to post a new thread about the cap and the cap only, then do so in the correct forum and post the photos to accompany it.

This is going nowhere and therefore is closed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2