Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Large Collector cache of weapons found after death of a man in UK

Article about: surely common sense will prevail and this collection will be saved. They can't be that stupid....Can they?

Not if the man died intestate which would mean the Laws of Intestacy apply with its defined inheritance rights. This would have to be established before handing over to "family".
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

That is of course correct.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

51 years old....he might have thought about investing some of that money on a few Doctor visits...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Mmmm, its only up the road from here, might get in touch with them, as said it would be such a waste.

...might be seen as coffin chasing?

or history saving, not really interested in the firearms only edged weapons however both seem to be seen in the same light over here they will be melted down me thinks.

If the guns were legally owned, then everything will have to be returned to NOK. The police cannot just dispose of them as they see fit without good reason.

Although I don't personally subscribe to the "saving history" mantra oft repeated by the collector community I agree it would be a crying shame if any were melted down thus depriving another collector from enjoying their acquisition.

It's not like the guy was out and about terrorizing the countryside and killing people.....collecting Legal weapons should not mean a total confiscation by the police on the person's death.
    (They Really evacuated the neighborhood, thinking that the guy had some old WWI Mustard Gas shells and such in his collection still,apparently, loaded and intact? I find this stretching the credibility of the Police personnel...)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hard to comment on this, both the media and the "man" seem to have made a mountain out of a molehill IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast