MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Last Battle. Has Anyone Heard Of This Before?

Article about: An incredible story to be shur and most defiantly worthy of a Spielberg or Tarantino film IMO. Regards Mark K

?

Default Re: The Last Battle. Has Anyone Heard Of This Before?

An incredible story to be shur and most defiantly worthy of a Spielberg or Tarantino film IMO.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    This story is great, it goes to show that the Wehrmacht were just regular soldiers doing their duty for their country and they could easily side with the allies to fight against the hardcore Nazis.
    Adam before making remarks like this you need to do much more reading and research on the role of the Wehrmacht in WW2 !!

Has anyone checked out the history of this " Battle " i first heard about it about 5 years ago ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Jerry: Thank you for the link.
    Here's some more info for those interested.
    The Battle for Castle Itter

Luke

Great article Luke. I never knew anyof this happened. germans and allies fighting togeither for survival.
    This should have been front page news back then.
    thanks for sharing the link.

John

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys!
    Jerry: Thank you for the link.
    Here's some more info for those interested.
    The Battle for Castle Itter

Luke
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

John: Thank you! I would of thought that more of us would of heard of this before now. I think I need to pick up this book.

Luke

aaa.JPG

I haven't read the book, but I probably will because the author, Stephen Harding, is senior editor of Military History and a trained historian who fully understands historical process. That alone it a strong enough recommendation for me. Luke, thanks for posting this. Dwight

No guys... Don't let Tarantino make a film out of this! It most probably end by a secret group of German and allied forces entering the Kremlin and killing papa Stalin because the SS forces proved to be undercover spies of the CCCP. That guy ruins every story! I recently watched an old movie of him that had something to do with some guys trying to reach the borders of Texas. They entered a strip club! So far so good... And to make things better Monica Bellucci appeared as a stripper and started dancing (woohoooo)! But then everything was ruined... I don't want to spoil the rest of the movie but from then on i was ready to puke!

KILL BILL is a great movie, and pulp fiction.

Another such "last battle" happening at the same time would have been when the 1st Infantry Division (600th German Infantry Division) of the ROA commanded by General Bunichenko switched sides to fight alongside the Czech resistance against the Waffen-SS during The Prague Uprising between 5 - 8 May 1945. Three hundred ROA soldiers were reportedly killed in the fighting against the SS.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    No guys... Don't let Tarantino make a film out of this! It most probably end by a secret group of German and allied forces entering the Kremlin and killing papa Stalin because the SS forces proved to be undercover spies of the CCCP. That guy ruins every story! I recently watched an old movie of him that had something to do with some guys trying to reach the borders of Texas. They entered a strip club! So far so good... And to make things better Monica Bellucci appeared as a stripper and started dancing (woohoooo)! But then everything was ruined... I don't want to spoil the rest of the movie but from then on i was ready to puke!
    What stories has he ruined ? They are all his own !

The film you are talking about in Texas is not a Tarantino film its a Rodruigez film and Monica Belushi is nowhere to be seen

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast