Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Late xmas present to me.

Article about: Got this one from the bay today, so still to arrive but decent pics from the seller and copies of some of the docs it comes with, a 15 Star medal trio from WWI. HANKS, John-26965/629837 15th

MAP
    ?

[QUOTE=AZPhil;1348171]
    Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed Michael I am very lucky, though I have not yet told her about my latest buy!

LOL

Great looking set you got yourself coming Jerry. I hope it goes over well when it arrives.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    The "smalls" are easier to hide. Just got to intercept the postman first.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There is no problem, she will be fine about it, she is a star.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Congratulations, Jerry...That's an attractive grouping, and the entries for going AWOL/Malingering certainly add much character & appeal...!!
    cheers, Glenn

The war dairy entries for the attack on Mametz wood. Not the best of scans but the documents are 98 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,

Jerry

Also adding an earlier account from the war diary of a trench raid carried out by the 15th/RWF at Laventie, it gives full details of how it was carried out, objectives, weapons to be used including bludgeons, revolvers, bombs etc, and results of the raid including a narrative of the attack. Again sorry if the scan is not of the highest quality. The raid took place on the night of the 7th/8th May 1916.
    Regards,

Jerry

Arrived today along with copies of his MIC and other documents.
    Regards,

Jerry

The rest of the docs. On one he claims he has a chest problem caused by his service but the army doctor states there was no disease and he was not granted a pension, though this was listed as why he left the service. Also on one he is listed as joining the Z reserve corps.
    Regards,

Jerry

On his medical examination papers when he joined he was first listed as joining 18th (2nd London Welsh) Bn before his transfer to the 15th (1st London Welsh) Bn.

In another doc he is also listed as being in the 8th Bn RWF on 11/9/15 which is when he went AWOL from Kinmel camp. Great when you get ones like this with more than just his MIC to look at.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice trio Jerry, always like these! Typical army, spill your blood and guts and be denied pension...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2