Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Latest dig on TV news

Article about: I have been working on a new Welsh language archaeology TV series to be shown on S4C early next year. The latest and last episode filmed last week made it onto the national news for Wales la

Great work Jerry
    You have a lovely job.
    What surprises me the most is the language, you can not understand a single word they say!!!
    Cheers
    Nuno

Nice one Jerry so whats next for our global superstar?............

Hi Nuno, I am sure Jerry will be able to tell you more, but Welsh is essentially what all the Ancient Britons spoke. English is a much later invention which came about due to successive invasions of the Romans, Anglo Saxons, Vikings and Normans. So Welsh is really our proper native language.

I don't understand a word either!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

fy hofrenfad yn llawn o lyswennod!....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Here's a clue!...
    montypython.jpg

?

"Red sky at night ... Welsh holiday cottage alight !"

And the claim that a fourth of the English language should be welsh !!

Abou Ben Adhem - Not The Nine O'Clock News - BBC - 1980 - YouTube

I'd see a doctor about that mate, eels in the wrong place can be painful, even where you mention.

As far as the show goes, I can understand some of it, but a lot I can't, as even though I did learn Welsh as a child but being from Cardiff where it was not really spoken then, it has largely been forgotten. My wife is having lessons, so maybe I can start to pick it up again. As Ade posted, Welsh is the native language of the British Isles, Scots Gaelic is from Ireland and is a later intrusion. Strangely enough I did an interview for the Scottish Gaelic TV channel for a dig in Scotland in 96, though they translated from my English.

Diolch.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

In the old days I used to do good buisiness with Welsh on the antiques fairs in the UK, but ,God, i hated it when they started speaking Welsh among them during negotiations. And there was little I could do, they generaly were big strong blokes!
    ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast