Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

Article about: Here is a link to the original post in l'Express magazine - La France offre un tank au roi de Jordanie - L'EXPRESS

Default Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

Hello Gentlemen,
    I do have to apologize for the vocabulary that i'm about to use, but bl@@dy hell, i'm pissd off...really pissd off by what i just found out....
    Here's a translation in english of a french article published in the magazine l'Express.

In an article dated 16/02/2011, l'Express informs us of an impermissible gift of France to the King of Jordan

Here is the article:

It is a rare coin collection, which France had only four copies: a German Panther tank (or Panzer V) from the Second World War. Britain and Germany each have a single specimen, the United States, two. Their value is "priceless," said one member who prefers to remain anonymous. And for good reason: the French government is preparing to swap one of its precious Panther against two recent models of German tanks of little value. Reason for this fool's bargain? The craft, owned by the army and exposed in the Tank Museum at Saumur, was offered "by France" to King Abdullah of Jordan, a collector of the period but also a great friend of Nicolas Sarkozy. Conveyed the Evreux air base in December 2010, the tank waiting to be recovered soon by its new owner.

It goes without saying that the legacy and sacrifice of veterans of the French and shadow of London are being violated, and we are entitled to ask us what purpose??

We must therefore take the view that expected to share his displeasure with Mr. President of the Republic, and various departments to be covered.

France never offered this Panther to the king of Jordan
    He offered this tank to a friend
    This dwarf will take no rest until France is empty shell

For those interested to sign the petition :http://

Pétition sur "Non à la cession du char panther du musee des blindes de Saumur" : Site de pétitions en ligne

it's not only the french people which is robbed here, it's historical tourists from all over the world who come to the tank museum at Saumur...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Default Re: Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

Well, I signed it, for what it's worth. The Panther should remain in France, period. This man is giving something that is not his to give.

I really like that Museum.
    Everytime I am at my grandma I walk to the Museum.
    Really sad.Why give this tank to that country.
    (oil)

That a bummer, that is not a good place for the Panther, especially with all the revolutions going on in middle East and North Africa. It should stay in France.

Leave it to the french to do something stupid with a piece of history that should stay where it is.

I love Jordan, it's a fantastic country that really does a good job of preserving its history.

That Pz. V, however, needs to stay in France. Just like Egyptian mummies don't belong in England, etc.

let France donate their white flags to Jordan,,,keep the panther in France...Mon Dieu!,,,I signed the petition aswell

Also signed

I am a beta tester for a free to play tank game called 'world of tanks'. We have just entered the Guiness book of world records in the category of Most Players Online Simultaneously. I shall post this petition on The World of Tanks forum, as out of the half a million players of the game we have quite a few tank fans

World of Tanks official forum
    World of Tanks Sets World Record :: World of Tanks: "World of Tanks"

?

A President who thinks he's Napoleon , France have a big problem with that small man !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast