Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

Article about: Here is a link to the original post in l'Express magazine - La France offre un tank au roi de Jordanie - L'EXPRESS

Default Re: Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

Here is a link to the original post in l'Express magazine -

La France offre un tank au roi de Jordanie - L'EXPRESS
    Last edited by shadowwolf; 02-25-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixed link

More info found by a world of tanks forum member:-

http://www.marianne2.fr/blogsecretde...lise_a138.html

Red face Re: Let's stop the scandal of the panther tank !!!

I fear that all this has come a little too late...

Word on the street says the Panther is already in Jordan, having been flown there in late January 2011....Just in time to let it loose on some Pro Democracy Supporters i guess!

One cannot help wonder however, if the French waved it off as enthusiastically as they did when it entered France in May 1944.

No i didn't mean that really!! Everyone knows that a French military enquiry in 1945 proved that 99.9% of the population were in the Resistance.

Vive la France!!, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Shame that we appear to be too late, I posted this up on The World Of Tanks forum and as of 17.50 gmt today we have had 525 views and 16 replies to this topic

SpaceSoviet has just replied on the World of Tanks forum saying this:-
    "I live near the Saumur museum, so i went-in to collect more information about this event.

I had a conversation with the museum's manager and commander of the Saumur's cavalry school.

First of all, there is nothing related to the French President, this is a desicion of the Museum to exchange one of it's Four panther tanks (the less valuable as it have no engine.), for two british tanks never featured in museum.
    A second important thing, the Panther go to an Amman's public Museum, not in a King's private property. (Jordanian King served in armored unit, he just created the armored museum as he's fond of tanks)

Three Panthers are staying at Saumur:

-two complete German army tanks in fully running condition.

-one being repaired. Served under french colors.

so the situation is not as "bad" as everyone said, the most beautiful panthers in France stays in Saumur."

Quote by shadowwolf View Post
    "I live near the Saumur museum, so i went-in to collect more information about this event.

I had a conversation with the museum's manager and commander of the Saumur's cavalry school.

First of all, there is nothing related to the French President, this is a desicion of the Museum to exchange one of it's Four panther tanks (the less valuable as it have no engine.), for two british tanks never featured in museum.
    A second important thing, the Panther go to an Amman's public Museum, not in a King's private property. (Jordanian King served in armored unit, he just created the armored museum as he's fond of tanks)

so the situation is not as "bad" as everyone said, the most beautiful panthers in France stays in Saumur."
    Hello,
    Thanks for your inputs and for posting this subject on your tank forum....
    So the article is wrong...!?

" Amman's public Museum, not in a King's private property".......Lol...

Of course, the midget is not involved in anyway....Lol....

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Paul E View Post
    A President who thinks he's Napoleon , France have a big problem with that small man !!
    Hello Paul,
    You can't realize how accurate is your comment....the point being that Napoléon had b@lls...I know that the forum is not a place for politics, so i'd rather tell you something funny, but not a joke, that's a real thing that happens in France on a regular basis....as the president is rather small, when he's filmed no one higher that 1,60 m is allowed to stand beside him on the film....France is now MIDGETLAND...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by shadowwolf View Post

Hello,
    As i know how it works in my country, i did ask a trustable friend who works for le Musée de l'Armée in Paris about the story of this Panther tank and he told me that Saumur DIDN'T WANT to give away or trade this armoured vehicle....they have been told to do so by the DMPA : Direction Militaire du Patrimoine de l'Armée de Terre who decides for everything related to military patrimony...

So this "trade" was decided at the highest echelons of the state...

Thanks

In Memoriam :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2