Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Letting our imaginations run wild? ....... be honest!

Article about: I do too, I look for newer items that still look like the originals and wear them while hunting, or walking through the woods in the summer. I have a west german and east german set of LBE t

Default Re: Letting our imaginations run wild? ....... be honest!

I do too, I look for newer items that still look like the originals and wear them while hunting, or walking through the woods in the summer. I have a west german and east german set of LBE that come in handy. The NVA set is pretty light to wear, and has a few large pouches for more stuff. I wear my US set alot in the winter, it's easier to carry arctic canteens that way. I try to find .22 bolt actions that have a military look, someone made an M1 carbine stock for the Ruger 10/22 I've been looking at, but adding parts that cost more than the rifle are hard to justify at times. I hunt coyotes with my AR-15 clone. I've spent enough time wearing a steel pot and a fritz helmet for real that I don't feel the need for that, but the steel pot does come in handy for boiling water lol I used to dress up in my dads USMC 782 gear that he still had, when I was a kid. Hearing him and my uncle talk about the war and having the stuff he wore then fueled it all for me.

003a.jpg

and to think they paid me for this, and I would have done it for free

I do have a thing for military hats and bags/satchels/packs I've always liked the looks of the period pieces, but manage to find something modern made that works for a while, but I'm always looking for something that might work better, or be more comfortable to wear/use. The main problem being my head seems to be a bit too large, and most of the hats I find are for cast of the wizard of oz, either that or people in some of those other countries are just really small.
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 12-11-2012 at 04:44 AM.

I've got an old Boonie hat that I were while doing yard work.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I've got an old Boonie hat that I were while doing yard work.
    You mean you don't wear a lid Greg?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

So far they are not required for pushing the lawn mower around the yard
    but I'm sure BIG BROTHER is working on making it so.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I have a bunch of modern military/camo stuff that I wear camping and fishing,
    plus a couple of repro WWII flight jackets, and been known to wear original
    pieces on Halloween in the past - but I don't get into the prancing around
    the house in original gear. I do try on an old helmet from time
    to time though.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-21-2013 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Additional pic and text.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Every time i watch the Battle of Britain i don my Luftwaffe officers cap and flight blouse and hum along to the opening theme.
    Morris

Way back when I had some various military headgear in my collection that was mostly DDR, US, Russian, etc. I had three roommates and we would each don an item of headgear and play Risk while drinking beer. Another friend stopped by once during a very competitive game where there was a lot of fist pounding on the table and screaming in various languages and commented "You guys are a bunch of idiots" and I had to agree, but we had fun.

I am a sniffer as well! Also sniff African artifacts ...makes me remembering the time I spent there as well!
    Sent must be the hardest thing to imitate...I think!
    As stated before in previous threads uniforms have been used to make sexy pictures of the girl friends at that time (if they didn't ran away from the "lunatic" when asking...!!)
    And I think it was thise uniforme I was wearing at 05.00 am at a touristic place in the centre of Antwerp (must have been 1979 or so...!).
    That was long before reenactments took place , and could have cost me a lot of trouble back then ( as it did a few years ealyier....no pictures of that event...only a film!!)

When all the kids at school weared "Millet" ski coats, I used to wear thise;

I am not so in to the U-boat thing...makes me claustrophobic, I prefere the Fallschirmjager imagenary game, but as I am far over the 150 kilo's right now, the only uniform that fit me would be Göring's....

And when on flee markets or booth car sales , I don't buy only militaria .... toy's like car's, train's and soldier figures are braught home as well!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Red face Re: Letting our imaginations run wild? ....... be honest!

I am astonished and disappointed at the childish and immature nature of this thread !

I am only concerned with dedicating myself to serious research !

I simply can't imagine myself doing any playacting ..................

Seems not a "Dinky" your are sitting on!!
    ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast