Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Lincoln Life Musuem

Article about: Here is the Lincoln Life Collection. It is in the centre of Lincoln city a small but a well presented collection of the Royal Lincolnshire Regiment.Also something I didn't know?. But the WW1

?

Might have changed a tad since your school days Nick!!.But yeah that is something I didn't know so I found it very interesting..Cheers Terry.

Terry ,you can't help looking crappy,but the museum looks great.----lol

?

Thanks Harry I will try to shave hold the gut in next time!!! lol... Cheers Terry.

I thought he looked rather buff holding his pump action weapon and bush hat at a jaunty angle.....Oh well.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Might have changed a tad since your school days Nick!!.But yeah that is something I didn't know so I found it very interesting..Cheers Terry.
    Sir William Ashbee Tritton, M.I.Mech.E., J.P. (born 1875, London; died September 1946, Lincoln) was an expert in agricultural machinery, and was directly involved, together with Major Walter Gordon Wilson, in the development of the tank. Early in the First World War he was asked to produce tractors for moving heavy howitzers, the result being eventually the first tanks. He was the son of a London stockbroker, educated at Christ's College Finchley and King's College London. In 1906 he joined William Foster & Co. Ltd in Lincoln, and from 1911 until 1939, he was chairman of the company, after which he became managing director.

In 1916 he married Isobel Grahame Gillies. He was knighted in 1917.

He died in Lincoln aged 70 in September 1946. Tritton Road in Lincoln is named after him and a blue plaque is located at the entrance of a supermarket at the northern end of the road around the site of the original factories.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Sorry Ned that isn't me!! lol that is somebody who knows what he is doing!!

& thanks for the info Nick I will look it up next time I am in town..Sounds interesting. Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2