Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The longest day

Article about: Well done Patrick, good choices I have watched A Bridge Too Far time and time again and still enjoy it as much as the first time Nick

?

Default The longest day

i got a book today and i also got a movie
    i will let the pictures talk.

they are not ww2 oeriod time ( i am sure you know ) but i still wanted to get them!.

P6180017.jpgP6180018.jpg

Default Re: The longest day

Hi Patrick, both are very enjoyable.

The film is based upon fact but with some "artistic licence".

Cheers, Ade.

Oh, a bridge too far is my favorite movie of all times! You will enjoy it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

i cant wait to watch the movie! i am already on page 50 of the book

?

Great movie but for the real deal you better can watch "theirs the glory" . Filmed in Arnhem just a year after the battle and the actors are the men that fought there. The ruins are real and belief it or not, the tiger is a real one. Left there after the battle and used in the movie. Acting is bad and it,s not a big Hollywood blockbuster but it real and that is what you see. It,s one of my all time favorites.Here is a clip from the movie. YouTube - ‪Tank from : Theirs the glory man of Arnhem‬‏

?

If you havent already, get the Longest Day on DVD, filmed in the 60s with an all star cast, and they used nearly all of the original wartime locations in Normandy, i was at Normandy last year and retraced all the locations and other areas, especially Pegasus Bridge, Richard Todd who plays Major John Howard, was actually an officer on the bridge on D-Day, There is a cafe at the bridge called Gondree now run by a woman called Arlette, she was 4yrs old at the time of the raid and her mother Madame Gondree helped out by using the cafe as an aid station, its a fantastic place to visit and veterans go every year to see her, incidently, it was the first house in Normandy to be liberated

Quote by davejb View Post
    If you havent already, get the Longest Day on DVD, filmed in the 60s with an all star cast, and they used nearly all of the original wartime locations in Normandy.
    I'll second that; but allow me to add a bit of advice: Make sure to watch The Longest Day in its original black & white. I stumbled across a computer-colorized version on TV once. Simply appalling!

?

thanks, will do they had the longest day on DVD but i got a bridge to far instead.

?

Ive been looking for the proper colour version for years, there was apparently a directors cut copy in full colour, and it was shown here only one time, i think the one your talking about was a restored black and white computer generated colour version which ive heard wasnt able to reproduce the correct uniform colours or background effects, i know a true colour version exists as , when working on film sets, i was able to talk to a couple of the original crew on the film who confirmed that both versions ie subtitled and english speaking versions were both simultaneously filmed in colour for the director and the studio heads, perhaps one day ill get one

?

Here`s a book from 1962 when the movie was made ( I never throw anything out ) and of course it wouldn`t be a war movie without " Big John ".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast