Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for good third reich uniform book and Badge book!

Article about: I am new to collecting so I would like to read up on Uniforms and badges of the third reich so I can identify fakes easier! Any suggestions on good books in either area?

G43
    ?

Default Looking for good third reich uniform book and Badge book!

I am new to collecting so I would like to read up on Uniforms and badges of the third reich so I can identify fakes easier! Any suggestions on good books in either area?

Default Re: Looking for good third reich uniform book and Badge book!

There are lots of books on the subject but sadly they have become dated.

The best way to learn about fakes is on this and other forums. Just by reading threads you will learn to identify genuine and fake items over time.

There are many knowledgable members who are alwys willing to help and advise too

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

G43
    ?

This is a great source of information! I've learned a lot from this forum.

This forum is one great resource, another is to find a dealer whom you trust, is well experienced and of the "old school" as I would say... Dealers who were around in the 50s, 60s or 70 s, and had the opportunity to at many times buy much of what they traded or sold from the WWII vets. There are not many of them left, but a few will still be found at the SOS Show or the MAX. Don't rely only on them however, educate yourself by networking with other collectors, looking at as many items as you can that interest you, and examining known good and fake badges or other items. Today's collecting realm is a minefield. Technologies now allow those desiring to manufacture and age specific items, especially those which command high prices if original. There is now a profit margin for "making" originals as one might say... And unfortunately there are many willing to do so. And last... DON'T be in a rush or allow yourself to be pressured into amassing a huge collection...I've had friends who started in this hobby, didn't listen and rushed, and got burned. The legit dealers will usually give you a lifetime (theirs) guarantee of originality and take back without a fight any item they sold you... For that matter, a couple dealers I work with are more than happy to buy back original pieces they sold me previously as with time, they can sell it for more. Good luck.

Danno right, dont rush into it or you lose cash.
    Badges i would say you have mostly make your own on them and forums will help you a LOT.

book on uniforms I would say for the Heer would be the FeldBluse by phillip Jean-Borg. Very good read.
    SS uniforms cant help you there

G43
    ?

Thanks!

?

You could look at this site for some up to date and good reference books on badges and awards: B&D Publishing.
    Otherwise keep up to date on the forum, ask questions and use the search button for research. The forum is the most up to date place for all the recent information. Books go out of date yet the forum is constantly being updated.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....