Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

m1 helmet bales?

Article about: I have the book "Helmets of the ETO" and the way it reads, it says swivel bales came around in november 1943 but stainless steel swivel bales didnt start until the beginning of 194

Default m1 helmet bales?

I have the book "Helmets of the ETO" and the way it reads, it says swivel bales came around in november 1943 but stainless steel swivel bales didnt start until the beginning of 1945. but the rims changed to the same steel as the shell in october 1944 as front seam and in november was changed to the rear seam. so surplus stainless steel rims would have been made rear seam after november 1944 and putting this all together you should not have a front seam stainless steel rim helmet with stainless steel swivel bales. however i do. and ive been into M-1 helmets for a long time and i understand that the dating scale in the book is for McCord helmets only. so are all the transition dates based on McCord helmets as well? its the only conclusion i can come to seeing as my helmet is a Schlueter # 264A with the S under it.

so if anyone can figure out what i am saying itd be very helpful to sort this out for me

Pictures are a must.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Pictures are a must.
    here you go and the black staff sergeant chevrons are ww2 original and the back has a forest green what i assume is an NCO stripe, the helmet looks to have been repainted 2 times (which have been chipped off) bits of those layers remain there is a name on the top layer (which i intend to keep on the helmet which appears to be "Ronald Stryson" or "Donald Stryson" idk if the 2 layers are korean war ww2 or vietnam. and i think its cool you can see marks on the inside and outside from the pot being used to cook with s.jpgs1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpg

Now there is pictures not the best but someone can still answer you.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

broken ipod woohoo haha

and let me just point out it wasnt fixed bale and changed to swivel bale unless it just happened to have schlueter made bales put on it because it doesnt have mccord or any other bales they are distinctively schlueter bales