Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M32 Black Gabardine Reproduction SS Unform Ideas

Article about: Hi Guys, I am embarking on an M32 black gabardine wool reproduction SS uniform project. For me at the moment a lot the original stuff is way too expensive, especially items of the early SS I

Default Re: M32 Black Gabardine Reproduction SS Unform Ideas

Professor_Unrat_Titel.jpg514kkkqt35l__sl500_aa300_.jpgAttachment 473099Attachment 473100Attachment 473101Attachment 473102Attachment 473103Attachment 473104Attachment 473105Attachment 473106Thank you for the above. I am a real scold, and you can ask my students. Perhaps such is a function of failing hormones and the Sensenmann.

I spent the ton of dough, but am happy to share what I know, such as it is, with others.

Such is no replacement for actual, conventional study on the model of preceding centuries.

Uniformkunde is its own reward.

i never gained more technical ability more quickly than i did under the tutelage of a certain concert pianist who probably could scold even better than she could play. and that is really saying something.

the fact is, the motivated student is made better by the scolding.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    i never gained more technical ability more quickly than i did under the tutelage of a certain concert pianist who probably could scold even better than she could play. and that is really saying something.

the fact is, the motivated student is made better by the scolding.
    Bravo. well said.

Ok this is helpful, I’m looking towards 1936-1938! Many of the items in this thread are simply beautiful examples, I don’t know how they could have survived in such good condition!!!

I’ve already hit a snag finding good grade Standarte collar tabs. Most repo tabs on offer are later during the war period for the Waffen SS, however I have found some good vertical totenkopf tabs similar to the originals posted here at the bottom of this link

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-un...r-tabs-216930/

Other than that all I can get are the double runes tabs with or without unit numbers. (1, 2 and 3 as I'm sure you all know well!)

I’m starting to think my easiest option would be to go down the Leibstandarte route however if someone has a tunic showing the vertical totenkopf tab for the Totenkopfverbände, Thüringen or brandenburg units then that would be very helpful. As I said I've only really collected the medals until now (easier to store!) so I'm learning as I go.

Nothing wrong with being a student. If we do not make mistakes we do not learn, the pursuit of knowledge is always a good thing!
    Last edited by pauls1178; 02-25-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Question, what’s the difference between the Totenkopf Sleeve Diamond with silver bullion wire boarder and the one without, apart from the obvious? I know the difference for the SD one but not the Totenkopf..................... Don't worry found it!!!
    Last edited by pauls1178; 02-25-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2