MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M65 Trousers

Article about: Don't know where to post post WW2 US items, so... Please remove if needed. I have a pair of M65 trousers made of heavy cotton. There are two "strings" attached to the inside of the

?

Default M65 Trousers

Don't know where to post post WW2 US items, so... Please remove if needed.

I have a pair of M65 trousers made of heavy cotton. There are two "strings" attached to the inside of the cargo pockets. One string longer than the other. What are they for??? I just can't figure out what they are for.

Regards, Lars

Default Re: M65 Trousers

There's a hole near the bottom of the pockets, you thread the string through the hole and around your leg, it's for when you are carrying a heavy load and keeps it secure to your leg and not moving around and hitting your leg.

?

Damn Gunny you got it. I did not even notice the holes until now(I'm wearing them) I thought they were for securing the cargo pockets, but i did not find it very "practical" to pull them out the top Thanks for solving a several months old mystery!

Regards, Lars

No problem Lars, i was wearing a pair of M65s in Berlin at the weekend and actually used the strings as i was carrying all kinds of junk around, i think they might have been used on earlier US trousers but not 100% sure. They were used on the M65s because they are so loose fitting.

?

Loose fit and BIG pockets. I really like the design of the M65's. Have you ever noticed the small pocket on the inside of the waist band? Right side. Small pocket with a button, right under the suspender loop. Now what's that for LOL

Regards, Lars

Oh yeah i noticed that and it's pretty small, the only thing i can think of is maybe it's a condom pocket!...

?

That's spot on Gunny!!!

How was Berlin btw?

Regards, Lars

Great thanks i really enjoyed it, i could have spent my money 10 times over at the traders but i had to leave myself some beer money!...

?

Yes of course

Regards, Lars

NCA
    ?

They sound more like M51 trousers to me..they have the small pocket which i think is for a watch(originally)Do the pockets have buttons or snaps?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast