Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Man Cave..."Haven or Shrine"?

Article about: I agree it's something we need, even if we weren't collectors. Where I live, lots of guys have turned their garages into Man Caves by adding carpet, furniture, TV, stereo - and most importan

Default Re: Man Cave..."Haven or Shrine"?

I agree it's something we need, even if we weren't collectors. Where I live,
    lots of guys have turned their garages into Man Caves by adding carpet,
    furniture, TV, stereo - and most importantly - the beer fridge.

I have a single room in the house.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I don't know what the insurance firms are like over in the "good ol USA" but i would not be happy having all my helmets in the shed here in the UK,no matter how secure it was.If it were broken into i think i would need to drain the well stocked fridge alot of you guys have installed!I would be pretty sure our UK insurers would say bad luck ol boy,keep you valubles safe and sound behind closed and locked doors.

My 'man cave' is my garage - like a scene out of American Pickers, this is my other equally expensive hobby ........ between dreaming about the history behind a piece of TR militaria and tooling on these beasties, I can get away from the world pretty quick!!
    Cheers, Dan

( notice the kraftstoff kanisters on the top shelf )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Bloody hell mate, that engine looks like it wants to fold the car in half when you put it in gear! Great stuff

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Bloody hell mate, that engine looks like it wants to fold the car in half when you put it in gear! Great stuff
    The grey model T ford has a 350 cube chev in it and the orange model A has a 6 litre Chrysler ..... you can watch the fuel and dollars drain every time I take them out!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Crom bless my mancave, named THE HIKING VIKING. My fridge stocked with Deutsche brew lurks there as do my AR speakers, PC, lids, medals and tons of Floyd, Sabbath, Rush, Bonamassa, Clapton, etc, cds. Without this room I would've gone completely insane. Thank you to my wife for giving up this little room for my madness.

Bonamassa?,,,now there is some blues type music That guy can melt chocolate bars at 50 ft. with his playing.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I don't know what the insurance firms are like over in the "good ol USA" but i would not be happy having all my helmets in the shed here in the UK,no matter how secure it was.If it were broken into i think i would need to drain the well stocked fridge alot of you guys have installed!I would be pretty sure our UK insurers would say bad luck ol boy,keep you valubles safe and sound behind closed and locked doors.
    Same thing here!
    No seperate Man Cave, in fact I use the whole house, ...I even got a women in my Man Cave....chained in the kitchen!
    My main display is in the entrance hall, but in a way it doesn't show's at everyone coming at the door.
    But other display's are to be find in the master bedroom, the living and even in the kitchen (my military china!)
    Now the alfa dog is gone, we might change the division of the living room and change some displays.
    Also would need a better securing of the house, ...the alfa dog was also a very convincing buglar-proof system!
    When he was alive I always closed the house so the dog would stay in (exept the front door and gate, we never used a key to close anything else, during summer all doors to the garden were always open!), now we have to close in function of buglars, our two remaining dog's aren't that persevered buglar chasers!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

People can break into a shed as easy as they can break into your house. Nothing is 100% secure. You designed it and secure it as best you can and pray nothing ever happens. I knew a guy that has a 30 or more gun safe. He had it bolted into cement. Burglars broke into his house, chipped away the cement, loaded the safe on a hand truck and carted it out the door. We can take steps to deter criminals, but whether it be a house or a shed, if They want it bad enough, they'll find a way to get it.

Best thing I have found is not show your stuff to everyone that comes over. I learned from a friend of mine that had a secured room in his house in his finnished basement. it was hidden with a false panel and a secure door on the other side. he showed very few people it. You open the door and this large room appeared. I have pictures of his room he had. Sadly he passed away and his widow let me have some of his WWII stuff I wanted. I should have bought the whole room. Thats what inspired me to build mine. He spent hours at his desk in that room. Of course his bar was in the other room and not far away. if I could figure out how to post the old pictures I would. It was nice. He didn't take any pictures of the entrance or doorway. he was worried about someone finding it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast