Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Man charged with stealing WWII German helmet from Allentown gun show

Article about: At the age of 67 you'd think he would know better than this kind of blatant thievery! Glad he was caught.

Default Re: Man charged with stealing WWII German helmet from Allentown gun show

At the age of 67 you'd think he would know better than this kind of blatant thievery! Glad he was caught.

Default Re: Man charged with stealing WWII German helmet from Allentown gun show

Finally some justice!!! The police even went to his home and searched it. What I wold like to see materialize ,, which I know will not happen is the same has posting sexual predators photos and warnings to neighborhoods... the same thing for this scumbag, piece of S**T...for all to see,, almost like a public hanging and left there for all to see.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I was hoping he'd aquire an "admirer" in jail, but at 67 i doubt it unless somebody likes the more mature man!..

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Finally some justice!!! The police even went to his home and searched it. What I wold like to see materialize ,, which I know will not happen is the same has posting sexual predators photos and warnings to neighborhoods... the same thing for this scumbag, piece of S**T...for all to see,, almost like a public hanging and left there for all to see.
    Tell us how you really feel Larry!

I feel I need to have a beer for breakfast and calm down a bit
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

An friend of mine had a Knights Cross stolen from a show in the US last year , wonder if it's the same guy .

Anyone who has had something stolen at a show should contact that police department just incase.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I was hoping he'd aquire an "admirer" in jail, but at 67 i doubt it unless somebody likes the more mature man!..
    In jail, nobody hears when you scream.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

He's pretty lucky he didn't "accidentally" get clobbered making his ill fated getaway... Reminds me of a story about a guy trying to steal a guitar from my favorite pawnshop 30 plus years ago... this guy was sitting there jamming away, plugged in and all... until they stopped paying attention to him, and then tried to run out the door (I guess he really like that guitar ;-) with the guitar still plugged in, made it halfway to the door, and then a wall of amplifiers came crashing down, LOLOLOL!!!!!! Pretty embarrassing I'd say.

But on a sadder note, I had a Mauser HSc ripped off, at a gun show, by a dealer!

Anyone want to hear this story?

As if you had a choice ;-)

About 20 or so years ago, I was at a small town WA state gunshow, and there was a guy there (a dealer) from my hometown, so we were kind of buddies. Well, sometimes during the show, I had to go to the loo (common), which was outside, and I didn't want to have all my pistols "tech'd" again by some fumble fingered old coot at the door, so to save time... I asked this old bugger if I could stow my favorite old WWII musette bag (quite full of pistols and other goodies) under his table for a few minutes and would he make sure no one f*cked with it.

So I came back in a few minutes, retrieved my bag, straps were still done up, looked just like the way I left it. I made a few more rounds, and drove the long way home. I got home that night, finally unloaded my new treasures out of the bag, and to my horror discovered the HSc was gone... ;-(

Really upsetting, a creampuff of a Police stamped HSC, straight and original.

So I drove all the way back there the next day, and pretty upset the whole way. Got in the show, went to his table, nicely asked if somehow I'd mislayed a pistol, do you know anything about this, did you see anything? He "knew nothing." So I wandered around the show, looking for it, and luckily the guy I'd bought it from was still there, and lo and behold had the serial number written down. So I got that, and the serial number was etched into my memory forever, at least at that point.

Gave up on ever finding it, but once in a while I would ask fellow collectors to keep a lookout for it. But nothing.

Fast forward into the next year, went to one of my favorite shows at Pyuallup, could get in early as I was a member of the WA Arms Collectors Association. Got in ;-) These were amazing shows, HUGE!!!, So much stuff you could hardly take it all in. Well eventually I ended up at one of my very good friends table from that area, Ron L., very famous collector. I think he had about THREE tables, covered with mostly Walther PP's and PPK's, Mauser, Femarus, small pistols. This guy really always had some amazing stuff. And I see an HSc, and pick it up. AND it's my stolen pistol!!!

So I tell him the story on it, and he says I just bought it from this other dealer, let's go to his table and sort this out. So we go there, and the guy says "please don't call the cops", and refunds Ron his $$$ back on it. But please don't call the cops on this, I don't need the headaches. And neither do I, and the HSc would have to go into custody, ect. A real headache it would be, and I had reported it stolen, of course.

I got the HSc back, and I was overjoyed, really. Ron went back to his table, not the least bit upset and glad to see me get my pistol back. And then... I asked this other dealer, exactly, how did you come about this gun? and he tells me, "I bought it from this old man at another gun show, a dealer, a shriveled up little guy" And a few more details ID'ing this creep to a T... I said "Allright, I believe you 100%, and I'd always suspected the bastard had stolen it from me, there was just nothing I could ever do about it."

Fast forward a few weeks, I got the nerve to drive over to this old man's house. Yes, I knew exactly where he lived, as I did know him quite well. And so I knocked on the door, and he opened. I didn't come in. He seemed a little bit surprised to see me but looked guilty. Obviously I'd had nothing to do with him since that incident and had always figured that he'd gotten into my bag as soon as I'd cleared the room, rifled through it quickly and had stolen the HSc, which was in a oiled up sock, just like all the other pistols in there. It was the only logical, albeit crazy, explanation. Well I looked at him and told him I'd gotten the pistol back, and how he was caught completely red handed, and what a piece of human waste he was, and how much I would have liked to shoot him with it... or have him sent to jail... but that he could just live with the shame, and me telling everyone I knew at those shows about him... And I left.

I had to report it "found" with the cops, so I wouldn't be caught in the possession of my own stolen pistol... :-)

Last I saw of him was at another gun show at an Armory about a year later, and I promptly got him kicked out.

I'm sure he's pushing up daisies now, no great loss.
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 03-01-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Yeah, I was surprised when I heard about this. The Allentown Gun Show doesn't have any problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2