Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mark Yerger

Article about: At another forum its members were noted about the fact Mark Yeger has passed away. Surely a lot of WRF members will have his excellent books. My condolences to the family for this big loss.

Default Mark Yerger

I was noted that at another forum (WAF) its members were noted about the fact Mark Yerger
    has passed away: "Sadly, I must inform to all forum members that US author, forum member
    Mark Yerger passed away a few days ago. His health was very poor but worsened dramatically
    in the last few months
    ".

Surely a lot of WRF members will have his excellent books. The collecting world has lost a person
    of importance with great knowledge.

My condolences to the family for this big loss.

with-deepest-condolences.jpg
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-13-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Hi Wilhelm, yes I heard. Only spoke to him a couple of times. He will be greatly missed. Stewy

I am very sorry and shocked to hear this.

Even though I never got to meet Mark in person, we had been in regular contact for the past fourteen years, during which I had assisted him with translating documents for his ongoing "German Cross in Gold" series, a series which he knew would be his final work. In all of our countless exchanges, I always found him to be pleasant, friendly, considerate and generous.

My payment for the work done was always in books and I have been very happy with this arrangement. Mark had excellent contacts and often went out of his way to find rare titles, out-of-print editions or author-signed copies for me, all this in addition to copies of his own books as well as some others he sent me purely as a gift.

Because of our regular communications, I was of course aware of his ever-declining health.

Mark had been battling with an endless series of illnesses for years, but whenever he mentioned the subject to me, it was quite matter-of-factly and without complaint. In his own words, from a message he sent last November:

"My situation is simply life; no complaints, regrets, or negative thoughts. I have lived TWICE as long as expected since 1st surgery so when first told I never expected to see volume 3 of the German Cross series."

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P.
    Last edited by HPL2008; 09-14-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Mark and I had different collecting interests but we still had several
    email conversations through the years. He always seem ready and
    willing to help struggling newbies such as myself.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Mark was the pioneer in assembling and reporting research on the Waffen SS, His accomplishments and contributions to the hobby and history will be long remembered by his hard work in the references he authored.

Sincere Condolences to His Family, Friends and and all Associates he has engaged with. Thankyou Wim for posting this thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Thank you Wim for posting this thread. Regards Larry
    It were friends that informed me, as they knew I do not visit WAF and they had read about it.
    At that forum there is a thread about the passing away of a very good author!
    So, my thanks go to RV and GR from Germany!

Rip.