MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

MAX Show

Article about: Hey guys, Who's planning on attending the MAX show in Pittsburgh this year? Luckily for me I live a 2 hour's drive away. I have never been there before so I am pretty damn excited about it.

Default Re: MAX Show

I have talked to Dave before over the phone. We are actually from the same small town in North Carolina.

If he is going to be there then I have to find him and buy my fabled single decal M40 Luftwaffe from him...

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I have talked to Dave before over the phone. We are actually from the same small town in North Carolina.

If he is going to be there then I have to find him and buy my fabled single decal M40 Luftwaffe from him...
    Awesome! Make sure to tell him that Joe, the history teacher from NY says hello and thanks!

?

Any pics from anybody yet???

The show was AMAZING!

Bad News: I brought my camera along, but I forgot my SD card in my computer. I was unable to save any pictures. Sorry guys, I feel bad.

Good News: I am sure more pictures will come along and I managed to find this one single solitary picture online.

I also did quite a bit of trading and managed to trade a fixed bale M1 for a very nice, salty early EF single decal Heer M40. Had I have gone back yesterday I would have found a Luftwaffe helmet to trade for. I'll post the helmet in the proper section.

Anyway, as to the show...

It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There must have been several hundred German helmets and tunics being offered for sale. I met all of the top German helmet authorities, including Kelly Hicks, Ken Niewiarowicz, Bill Shea, Dave Shirlin, etc. I also got the chance to meet Helmut Weitze. That guy really knows his stuff. I took along a few things to get appraisals of and to trade with and learned that for some reason, Europeans gave me 2x better offers than the American guys did! I know where I am going to sell my militaria when I'm an old man... lol

I almost had my USMC helmet traded for a nice German coastal artillery tunic. I had no tunic of LW helmet luck at the show, but at least I walked out with a nicer helmet than the one I went in with! Plus I got a free German helmet glass and Ken's signature in my copy of his book. I would strongly suggest to any militaria collector that this is a place you want to visit at least once in your lifetime.

I am still in awe at the things that were up for sale there. Sorry I didn't get pictures, gentlemen. I am sure plenty will turn up online soon.

Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images

Photo's on WAF made the place appear very, very quiet. Looked like more dealers than customers, still, perhaps it was early doors!! But compared to years gone by it sure looks like folks are being careful with their money at the moment.

Look forward to seeing your deals Mo, get 'em posted up mate!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    The show was AMAZING!

Bad News: I brought my camera along, but I forgot my SD card in my computer. I was unable to save any pictures. Sorry guys, I feel bad.

Good News: I am sure more pictures will come along and I managed to find this one single solitary picture online.

I also did quite a bit of trading and managed to trade a fixed bale M1 for a very nice, salty early EF single decal Heer M40. Had I have gone back yesterday I would have found a Luftwaffe helmet to trade for. I'll post the helmet in the proper section.

Anyway, as to the show...

It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There must have been several hundred German helmets and tunics being offered for sale. I met all of the top German helmet authorities, including Kelly Hicks, Ken Niewiarowicz, Bill Shea, Dave Shirlin, etc. I also got the chance to meet Helmut Weitze. That guy really knows his stuff. I took along a few things to get appraisals of and to trade with and learned that for some reason, Europeans gave me 2x better offers than the American guys did! I know where I am going to sell my militaria when I'm an old man... lol

I almost had my USMC helmet traded for a nice German coastal artillery tunic. I had no tunic of Luftwaffe helmet luck at the show, but at least I walked out with a nicer helmet than the one I went in with! Plus I got a free German helmet glass and Ken's signature in my copy of his book. I would strongly suggest to any militaria collector that this is a place you want to visit at least once in your lifetime.

I am still in awe at the things that were up for sale there. Sorry I didn't get pictures, gentlemen. I am sure plenty will turn up online soon.

Mo
    If you have pics on your camera's internal memory, there should be a way to transfer them over to the SD card...

No pics on your cell phone either?!

Quote by big ned View Post
    Photo's on WAF made the place appear very, very quiet. Looked like more dealers than customers, still, perhaps it was early doors!! But compared to years gone by it sure looks like folks are being careful with their money at the moment.

Look forward to seeing your deals Mo, get 'em posted up mate!

Regards, Ned.
    That's what I was hearing about the show while I was there, but I'm not complaining about that. It means that the dealers are more willing to make better deals.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    If you have pics on your camera's internal memory, there should be a way to transfer them over to the SD card...

No pics on your cell phone either?!
    None, sorry man

Some will turn up over the next few days and I will be sure to post the photos or links to them here.

Can you show us the goodies you picked up?

I actually went there with the fixed bale and traded my up to the SD Heer M40. So, I did lots of trading but I only left with one item. haha

I didn't spend a penny there which was kind of the goal since I am in the process of saving for another endeavor similar to my buddy Gizmo's here.

The helmet I got is in the 3rd Reich helmets section. I think I am going to make a little MAX show fund for next year, because I was pleased to discover that there were actually a lot of amazing deals to be had. I went there expecting everything to be overpriced.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast