Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is it me, or has the web site completely changed.

Article about: If so, I really don't like the new look, as it seems really confusing, and hard to maneuver. If its not broken, why fix it. I hope its my computer, and not a new web design, As the old desig

Default Re: Is it me, or has the web site completely changed.

Thanks Brian.

The forum will have many new features and also some new sections. It will be an exciting time. I am very conservative and don't like change, but with software you need to move with the times or things start to cause problems.

I will be back online on Tuesday evening.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Guys a lot of hard work is going on behind the scenes by Dimas in his own time to improve things and keep the forum current and the best on the web.

As Ade says the present format whilst the work goes on is much better than the forum being down for days on end like others have been so let's stick with what we have at the moment and wait for the work to be completed !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

i would appreciate the possibility of changing the color at least.
    best wishes,
    0.S.

Back to black would be good

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Lets be thankful that we can still interact whilst Dimas is doing the upgrade.
    Tom

?

Hi guys.

I appreciate that there are times when the system needs upgrading and I appreciate the fact that we could just be left with a "blank space" while it is being done, but, and I am not stupid here, but this new system is totally "doing my head in!"
    I am having major problems finding my way around the forums, I am having to check individually for updates on the postings, I cannot just click "read new" etc

Dimas, nothing against you, you are doing a great job on the upgrades etc and I have the greatest respect for you as a fellow collector, BUT, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THE OLD STYLE BACK? It was a hel of a lot easier to navigate around ALL sections of the forum.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

I've noticed at the bottom to the left is a little icon that you can click on GREY, or TAKE FIVE, the take five is more user friendly.

Try that one for now, it does make the site right now more user friendly.

Brian
    Last edited by blackheart0866; 08-27-2010 at 04:04 PM.

?

All, there have been numerous threads where the admins and moderators have stated the skin is only temporary. We all just need to be patient while the upgrade is being performed. Negative comments will not make things move along any quicker. Personally, If I were Dimas and I was reading these negative comments, I would take my good ole' time performing the upgrade to sort out those individuals who are threatening to leave. No one is forcing you to be here. It’s not a pay site. Would you push your thumb into your eye, complain that it hurts, and then keep doing it? No. So if the current color scheme or layout of the site bothers you that much, wait until the upgrade is completed, then return.

Sorry for the contradictory post, as I'm asking others to not be negative while being negative about them, but as stated, a lot of work goes into maintaining this site by people who are not being paid to do so, but who enjoy having a place for individuals to go to discuss a common interest.

We should be thanking them for what they do and look forward to what new additions are coming to the forum; not putting them down because you don’t like this or that. Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of these comments are outright rude.

I want to end by saying my comments are not directed at any particular individual. It's merely an general observation of the majority of the comments being put out there.

Thank you.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    All, there have been numerous threads where the admins and moderators have stated the skin is only temporary. We all just need to be patient while the upgrade is being performed. Negative comments will not make things move along any quicker. Personally, If I were Dimas and I was reading these negative comments, I would take my good ole' time performing the upgrade to sort out those individuals who are threatening to leave. No one is forcing you to be here. It’s not a pay site. Would you push your thumb into your eye, complain that it hurts, and then keep doing it? No. So if the current color scheme or layout of the site bothers you that much, wait until the upgrade is completed, then return.

Sorry for the contradictory email, as I'm asking others to not be negative while being negative about them, but as stated, a lot of work goes into maintaining this site by people who are not being paid to do so, but who enjoy having a place for individuals to go to discuss a common interest.

We should be thanking them for what they do and look forward to what new additions are coming to the forum; not putting them down because you don’t like this or that. Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of these comments are outright rude.

I want to end by saying these comments are not directed at any particular individual. It's merely an general observation of the majority of the comments being put out there.

Thank you.
    I think it was we all was a little concerned about losing our great forums, now that we all see, and know this is temporary, people have calmed down, it was just a big shock at first.

We all thought this was how the new forums were going to be.

I feel so much better now, thats why i emailed Adrian directly, and asked him, and he told me what was going on.

Brian

?

I understand the concern, and it does appear the comments are subsiding. It’s just disconcerting to me to hear these comments, and from individuals on the forum whose opinions I respect.

I’ve been involved in some program upgrades and rollouts for applications I manage at my work and these can take time; and this was with a staff of production support and database managers who do this all day for a living. Dimas is doing this all by himself. I think however some of the posts are due to ignorance (not in a bad way) of how this process works. Unfortunately, it’s not just a strike of a key and a click of the mouse!

I hope I don’t rub anyone the wrong way with my comments, but I’ve been the recipient of this type of negativity before for just this reason, and it never helps the situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast