Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Article about: yeah...the transport is a dead giveaway It must be the money/fame...

Default Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Don't ask me how I found this, but i am truly appalled.

It seems as though there is a roaring trade in all things relating to misery.
    Personally, I collect 3rd Reich Militaria because of it's quality, and it is pleasing to the eye. At no time do I want to collect things associated with suffering, or even see it for sale. Ok some might argue that it goes hand in hand with what we collect, and I agree, never forget. But this????

Jewish Holocaust Memory, WW2 armband, Yellow Gavid star, JUIF, JOOD, JUDE, J
    It says in memory to the Jewish people who died in WW2. But to me it seems to be peddling on their suffering

Default Re: Is it me, or is this in really bad taste?

Jewish Holocaust Doll from concentration camp Buchenwald!

That is just f*cking sick!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell would collect such things???

I am all for rememberance. But this is more about money than anything else. Plus the vast majority of the items shown are fakes! There is a roaring trade in this kind of material.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Don't ask me how I found this, but i am truly appalled.

It seems as though there is a roaring trade in all things relating to misery.
    Personally, I collect 3rd Reich Militaria because of it's quality, and it is pleasing to the eye. At no time do I want to collect things associated with suffering, or even see it for sale. Ok some might argue that it goes hand in hand with what we collect, and I agree, never forget. But this????

Jewish Holocaust Memory, WW2 armband, Yellow Gavid star, JUIF, JOOD, JUDE, J
    It says in memory to the Jewish people who died in WW2. But to me it seems to be peddling on their suffering
    Totally agree John i just find this sort of thing abhorent and collcetors of these items " strange " to say the least !!!

By the way i had a stall at a fair last year when some guy asked me if i knew where he could buy some Zyklon B Cannisters !!!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Totally agree John i just find this sort of thing abhorent and collcetors of these items " strange " to say the least !!!

By the way i had a stall at a fair last year when some guy asked me if i knew where he could buy some Zyklon B Cannisters !!!!
    Unbelievable!
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Despicable. When I collected TR years ago, I had a chance to buy a stack of 50 original unpublished private photos of bodies at a death camp I found in an antique shop. They were $1.00 each, I didn't buy them.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

In my opinion, items like these belong in museums so everyone can see the true horrors of the Holocaust. I just couldnt see these things in someones collection, I mean who on earth would even enjoy looking at them, and to be brutally honest I wouldnt want them in my house!

Thanks

Danny

3mk
    ?

It is sickening,
    What is even more sickening is that there making fakes of these items

?

I hate to say, this is all very sad, 1. to want to buy such items and 2/ to then sell them and have the cheek to make out your sympathetic to the plight of the Jews, what a sick B******.

This reminds of a local collector I used to know who raved about a German made leather wallet that he owned, that had been made from tanned human skin from a victim of the Holocaust. Why the hell would you want such a thing, something's to do with WW2 are best left out of your or anyone's collection.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Indeed Ade, these are known fakes. There is a huge market for this right now and sellers are doing their usual aging etc.etc. to sell their fakes. How many honest patches and artifacts actually survived the war? Why would anyone want to keep anything that reminded them of that atrocity.

rgds, Ty

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast