Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Medals and Decorations of Hitler's Germany

Article about: Hey everyone. I just picked up a copy of Medals and Decorations of Hitler's Germany by Robin Lumsden in a local charity shop. Is it a reputable reference book or is it like some others and f

Default Medals and Decorations of Hitler's Germany

Hey everyone. I just picked up a copy of Medals and Decorations of Hitler's Germany by Robin Lumsden in a local charity shop. Is it a reputable reference book or is it like some others and full of fakes? It looks good to me but i dont really want a reference book in my collection that is misleading.

Thanks guys

Default Re: Medals and Decorations of Hitler's Germany

Hi Vicky,

Robin Lumsdens book is a reputable if now somewhat dated reference book and for the price it goes for second hand a good buy to give a general overview of the awards. I imagine Robin checks out this site from time to time and I would not be surprised if he lurks here under a pseudonym so maybe he will comment. i recall that he used to be active on WAF however was for some reason banned. A great pity as his contributions were always worth reading.

Regards

Robin

I agree with Robin, the book is dated but still has some good articles.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Robin Lumsden's books are all quite dated now but contain a good amount of useful information. I have several and have had them for many years. There are many updated and more in depth and concise works out there but all books are useful and you should be able to sit down with your new acquisition and while away an hour or two reading it.
    Use it as a light reference and you will get a lot out of it but don't think it's the bible.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

that goe's for any of the old books.