Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

MedalsMilitary.com a reputable site?

Article about: Hello everyone, I was looking to buy a couple of things from Medals Military and just wanted to know if anyone here had done business with them before and if so, how it went. I looked on the

Default MedalsMilitary.com a reputable site?

Hello everyone,
    I was looking to buy a couple of things from Medals Military and just wanted to know if anyone here had done business with them before and if so, how it went. I looked on the War Relics links page, but did not see that site on there. Anyone know if their stuff is legit? Their prices seem pretty reasonable compared to others I've seen (not crazy low prices, but low enough I would use their site before most others), so I am a little bit hesitant to deal with them.

MAP
    ?

Don't know them. Maybe others have. Some of the descriptions they use indicates to me that that it may been translated into English. Added to the fact that the "about us" page is weak on details and they don't have a location. So do we know who they really are?

The items appear at first glance to be ok.

Others may know them and give a thumbs up, but I prefer to buy from dealers who don't hid behind a web page

Edit: I see they are based in Poland.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post

Edit: I see they are based in Poland.
    Thank you for the insight. I have one question, though.

Is being based in Poland (or Eastern Europe in general) usually a bad sign? Or could it be a good sign because of the likelihood of Third Reich personnel having been in the area during the war?

MAP
    ?

Quote by RobbieP View Post
    Thank you for the insight. I have one question, though.

Is being based in Poland (or Eastern Europe in general) usually a bad sign? Or could it be a good sign because of the likelihood of Third Reich personnel having been in the area during the war?
    I want be clear here to avoid any misunderstanding. The location of where someone is from or lives does not dictate someone's reputation. There are crooks and honorable people in every region of the world

My point which probably was not clear was that there is little information to go on as to who a buyer is dealing with. Not that that is even a gty that they are reputable but at least they identify who they are.

That said, they have been around a while and the items (again at first glance) appear to be good. So it really comes down to hearing from others who deal with them.

Further, any item for sale should be vetted on the forum before purchasing. Even the most reputable dealers make mistakes and sell fakes.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

All of their buckles are original. They seems OK to me.